 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | What gun would work for me? |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:32 pm |
|
|
| SEmerson |
| New Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 18 Feb 2009 |
| Posts: 1 |
|
|
|
 |
I would like to get a air gun to keep on my boat. I would like a gun style like a mac9 or uzi. auto or simi-auto option. And be able to charge it with a scuba tank. Is there any gun that fits that? I have look all over online and found nothing.
Thanks for any help. |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:10 am |
|
|
| fritz |
| Silver Status Member |

 |
 |
| Joined: 25 Nov 2008 |
| Posts: 2444 |
| Location: New Jersey- outside of Philadelphia |
|
|
 |
For what? You could get some BB guns to do that... problem is if it's for popping squirrels you will need to be at point blank, with an eye shot.
If you want to spend some money and be able to kill stuff convert a QB78 to HPA. It will cost about $300 for the whole thing, not including a scope or custom HPA main tube (which will allow you to increase the power A LOT).
Need a regulated 13ci 3000psi tank, regulated to 850-900psi (JDS airman), might aswell get a MAC1 prepped QB78 for power and accuracy. B&A fittings to set it all up. And some way to secure the tank to the gun. You could spend just a couple more dollars and have the hammer spring strengthened (more power) for the HPA so you can really have a powerful gun.
I can post more later, but I need to get off the computer at the moment. |
|
_________________ "I never set out to be wierd, it was always everyone else who called me it" -Frank Zappa
Speed is impressive, accuracy is deadly.
It's not that I'm not a people person, it's just that I'm not a stupid people person. |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | Re: What gun would work for me? |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:21 am |
|
|
| broommaster2000 |
| Moderator |

 |
 |
| Joined: 10 Mar 2007 |
| Posts: 5714 |
| Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands |
|
|
 |
| SEmerson wrote: |
I would like to get a air gun to keep on my boat. I would like a gun style like a mac9 or uzi. auto or simi-auto option. And be able to charge it with a scuba tank. Is there any gun that fits that? I have look all over online and found nothing.
Thanks for any help. |
You a pirate or something?
If you're not going to use it for hunting, take a look at the Baikal Drozd. |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:24 pm |
|
|
| thepaladin |
| Senior Member |

 |
 |
| Joined: 12 Dec 2007 |
| Posts: 930 |
| Location: TN USA |
|
|
 |
These are a little (actually a lot) out of my price range but FX makes some nice powerful semi-auto airguns...but they are pricey. I don't own one, so i don't know all the details, but they have good reviews and the people who have commented seem to like them. Here's the only place I know to get them...there may be others...scroll to the bottom of the linked page.
http://bow-gun-hunting-sports.com/logun.htm |
|
_________________ "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke) |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:25 pm |
|
|
| thepaladin |
| Senior Member |

 |
 |
| Joined: 12 Dec 2007 |
| Posts: 930 |
| Location: TN USA |
|
|
 |
| Sorry about the double post...it's more the middle of the linked page... |
|
_________________ "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke) |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.
|