Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics » big bores Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Butcher45
Member
Member
Joined: 10 Jan 2009
Posts: 14
branz95 wrote:
Butcher45- Hmm...That is the very one I was considering. Did you have a problem with your 2 tube leaking? I have been reading about leaking problems between the 2 tubes and am wondering if the single tube design has it worked out. Do you have any chony numbers? Groupings? Another Korean rifle I was considering is the DragonSlayer. Have you had any expierience? Thanks for the response. Mr. Green


The only leak problems I have had were with the air-fill fittings. My rifle hasn't leaked air before. I got an aftermarket male foster fitting put on the rifle, and now I have no problem filling-up the rifle using my Hill Pump.

I don't know if the 2tube versions of the 909 are even available anymore. It's my understanding that they have upgraded the stock air fill set-up, but it still isn't nearly as good as a male foster set-up. No o-rings to wear out, or leak with the foster set-up.

I got my 909 after it had already received a power tune. It produces anywhere between 240-260+fpe using a variety of boolit weights between 151 and 255 grains.

Accuracy is usually sub 1 inch 3 shot groups at 50 yards. 1.5 inches is a large group for this rifle. I shot a .45 inch, center to center 3 shot group with mine.

I have killed an exotic ram, a small wild boar, nutria, and various small game with it. Hope to add coyote, bobcat, and fox to the list in a couple of days.

The DragonSlayer, from my understanding, is a bit under-powered when compared to the 909, and boolit options for the oddball .495 caliber DS are very limited. The 909 guns tend to shoots .454-.457 best.

_________________
BUTCHER45
"When an animal dies quick there is no further argument." Veral Smith
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:10 pm Reply with quote
branz95
Member
Member
Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Posts: 49
Location: 50th state
Butcher45- Awesome. I was thinking the DragonSlayer posted some pretty sub par fpe numbers. I was expecting the extra .05 and the extra weight of the pellet would push it over 300fpe. The pellet selection also had me swaying towards the 909. So do you shoot round balls or conicals? Your shot groups are almost identical to those I saw posted for DAQ's. Have you shot groups @ 100+yds? Also do you know where the tune was done? Fill psi and shot count?
The only thing that had me going between the 909 and the DragonSlayer was the looks. I must admit that the DAQ's could use some help in that department also, but Im sure I could find a much nicer stock to pretty it up a bit. Thanks again.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:07 am Reply with quote
Butcher45
Member
Member
Joined: 10 Jan 2009
Posts: 14
branz95 wrote:
Butcher45- Awesome. I was thinking the DragonSlayer posted some pretty sub par fpe numbers. I was expecting the extra .05 and the extra weight of the pellet would push it over 300fpe. The pellet selection also had me swaying towards the 909. So do you shoot round balls or conicals? Your shot groups are almost identical to those I saw posted for DAQ's. Have you shot groups @ 100+yds? Also do you know where the tune was done? Fill psi and shot count?
The only thing that had me going between the 909 and the DragonSlayer was the looks. I must admit that the DAQ's could use some help in that department also, but Im sure I could find a much nicer stock to pretty it up a bit. Thanks again.


I shoot conicals weighing anywhere from 151, to 260 grains. I have not tried any 100 yard shooting yet, but a friend has achieved MOA with his tuned 909S.

The tune was done by BGMF Airguns (tell him Butcher45 sent you). He also sells the male foster fitting for the air reservoir, that will save you a tone of headaches. I think someone on this forum just went thru the headaches I am referring to.

Fill psi is anywhere from 2600psi to 3200psi, depending on what slug I'm using. I get 4-5 shots between 690, and 700fps using 240grain MaxiBalls. Right now I'm running the 210grainers at a 2600psi fill.

_________________
BUTCHER45
"When an animal dies quick there is no further argument." Veral Smith
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:35 am Reply with quote
branz95
Member
Member
Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Posts: 49
Location: 50th state
Butcher45- Thanks a lot. I just checked out their website. Pretty impressed. I will be calling them soon. I would be happy with 200+fpe...for now of course... Mr. Green
View user's profile Send private message
big bores 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 2 of 2  
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.