Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Optics » NcStar DP130/3 Red Dot Sight...
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
NcStar DP130/3 Red Dot Sight... 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:44 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
Recently I brought a bunch of NcStar stuff in for evaluation/testing.

Pulled this all plastic unit out of the box and moaned- it just didn't tickle my fancy looking at it. It's single mounting ring also didn't thrill me.

Anyways- it is a very low priced Red Dot (somewhere around $20.00 USD retail I believe) so I'm not about to try it on a Magnum Springer, but I figured it might do okay on a Co2 gun- especially a pistol seeing as it only had one mount on it.

So, put it on a Crosman 2240 with an aluminum breech, 10.1" .177 barrel and shot away. Took me a bit to get it sighted in (more a fault of the gun's setup than the sight). Turns out it was pretty reasonable.

At around $20.00 and not being used on a Magnum springer, I'd actually give this thing a thumbs up. It's 10 times better than other cheap sights out there (like the Crosman 0290 red dot) and does hold it's position. I only tried it out to 10m/30ft, but for the purpose of close-range pistol shooting it did A-OK.

Next I need to test one of their 3-9x40 scopes...

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:00 pm Reply with quote
jonathan
Member
Member
Joined: 27 Dec 2008
Posts: 75
Location: Saint John NB
Yeah, they look good on the tactical style guns like the Baikals.........I was thinking of getting one for the drozd.

_________________
Custom Bulked QB78,Webley Nemesis,Crosman 1100 Trapmaster,Sheridan Model C9,Dianna 24
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:33 pm Reply with quote
yourdaddyjoe
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Joined: 26 May 2008
Posts: 4027
Location: Tatorville, USA
Got a photo of the red dot Eric?

I wonder if it is the same one I have... The red dot... I tossed the ring that came with it... I opted for a 30mm cantilever mount.



Actually... I think I used the stock ring on a flash light for a while...

The 3-9x40 that I have… I like it… holds its adjustments well… I got that 60 yard limb rat head shot using it…

_________________

Say "NO" to BB Gun Wars... Quid Pro Quo Rule: An eye for an eye...
www.HPASports.com www.Facebook.com/hpasports
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:59 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
Hello Joe:

It appears to be the same unit- it is the only one they have (as far as I know) that has an all-plastic casing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:04 pm Reply with quote
yourdaddyjoe
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Joined: 26 May 2008
Posts: 4027
Location: Tatorville, USA
It is a good cheap, don't cry if you brake it... Red Dot... If I remember corectly... I paid the same amount for the mount.

My computer is having issues... Defrag time... Time to clean up the Taranasouras Tarabyte...

_________________

Say "NO" to BB Gun Wars... Quid Pro Quo Rule: An eye for an eye...
www.HPASports.com www.Facebook.com/hpasports
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
NcStar DP130/3 Red Dot Sight... 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Optics
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.