Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles » Taking apart the Airmagnum 850 in 3 steps. Goto page 1, 2  Next
Taking apart the Airmagnum 850 in 3 steps. 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:54 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
This is so darned easy that you don't need pictures to do it. I'll put in some pictures, just for the love of it.

Make sure that you have a 4 MM Inbus. If you don't know what that means, I probaby don't know what it is in English, but you can see a picture of an inbus-set at the bottom of this post.

Step one
Remove the front and make sure there is no airsource attached. (If it's still attached, make sure you shoot it empty first, and then remove it.)

Step two

Remove the two (Inbus) bolts located near the trigger.

Step three
Lift out the action. It should be quite loose.

It's that easy. Now if you can't do THIS, then you probably don't have these:

Now, I don't take apart the action because it works prefectly, and if it ain't broken, don't fix it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:51 am Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Hi Broom nice easy job. Inbus in English is "Allen Key" or "Unbrako Key".

AL

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:16 am Reply with quote
boeing299
hi broommaster
i have had two airsources leak out on me as soon as i inserted them.if i spray it with oil it holds.what do i do and thanks for your trouble.....brad. Question

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:20 am Reply with quote
StevieLaner7777
Hi Broom!

Nice work!!
I've been meaning to do one of these guides for the 1077, Maybe I'll get round to it later on today!.
Pictures can be very informative so always use them when you want.

As for the "4 MM Inbus"
In most of the UK (I think) we call those 'Allen Keys' But I think I've heard them being called "Hex Keys" before, We have both metric and imperial sets in England. Laughing

Also, The Image in step three, The bolt appears to be on the left-hand-side, as well as the scope's windage adjuster?? Has this Image been edited (Flipped) or is there a left-hand version for it?

Lastly I congratulate you on such a beautiful tidy looking Rifle, Inside and out!.

Stevie Thumb Up!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:21 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Hmm, Allen keys- always a better idea than Philips-head screws!

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:04 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Alstone wrote:
Hi Broom nice easy job. Inbus in English is "Allen Key" or "Unbrako Key".

AL

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

boeing299 wrote:
hi broommaster
i have had two airsources leak out on me as soon as i inserted them.if i spray it with oil it holds.what do i do and thanks for your trouble.....brad. Question

Mine's got a different from normal ventile. It doesn't have rubber in it. That's the key.

StevieLaner7777 wrote:

Also, The Image in step three, The bolt appears to be on the left-hand-side, as well as the scope's windage adjuster?? Has this Image been edited (Flipped) or is there a left-hand version for it?

It's been flipped, MAC's Photoboot seems to do that automatically, and I forgot to swith it off. So the bold and windage adjustment are on the right.

And it's not that clean in real, it got some scratches and specks on the barrel, but most are out of sight, under the plastic cover. I just always make sure it's properly lubricated. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:31 am Reply with quote
Alstone
Hi Broom, can you get a 2x12g capsul converter for the 850 airmagnum instead of the 88g bottle, as I saw an advert for one on a USA site, if so I might be intrested in getting one.

AL

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:49 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Not interested. Mr. Green

There are sets that offer the airmagnum with that adapter, but as I said, I'd rather have a refill station. Mr. Green

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:16 am Reply with quote
Alstone
Hi Broom
I didn't mean you getting a conversion, I ment if I can get a 2x12g conversion for an 850 airmagnum I might be intrested in getting an 850. Do you understand or would you like me to write it in Dutch!.Laughing
AL

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:45 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Al- do you have a link for that 88g to 2x12g converter? I'd like to see how it's put together.

And Broommaster: Now that you've got it apart- what are you planning to do to it?

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Alstone
hi Eric the blink is Umarex USA.
http://www.umarexusa.com/850AirMagnum.aspx?ID=89

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:13 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Wow! They're not giving that adapter away. SKU #2251006, $132.56 USD. Mind you it does have nice brass ends and a black center!

I bet one could be made for less than that and be just as sharp- the only problem being the piercing pin positioning/mounting internally.

Basically, just a tube with two end caps and two piercing pins in the center where there is a solid (or maybe movable so it can be taken out to replace the pins) alignment ring with flow holes- the end that screws into the guns valve doesn't necessarily have to be sealed (like a shrader-type valve)- as long as one remembers to put the adapter on the rifle before installing the 12g caplets. Put the caplets in, crank down the outer cap to force them against the piercing pins and shoot. As long as the tube is only of the minimum size require to fit the parts in and still allow Co² movement so not much gas is wasted- someone with a lathe and the parts could make a real nifty copy of that I bet.

I'd make a diagram but I can't draw worth a dang and never learned how to use a CAD-type program. Neutral

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:52 pm Reply with quote
boeing299
boeing299 wrote:
hi broommaster
I have had two airsources leak out on me as soon as i inserted them.if i spray it with oil it holds.what do i do and thanks for your trouble.....brad. Question

broommaster2000 wrote:
Mine's got a different from normal ventile. It doesn't have rubber in it. That's the key.

Could you please tell me where you could buy a new ventile with a different than rubber seal? Umarex usa says that my ventile is dirty and to clean it with a silicone based oil and q tip.i will try cleaning it but i don`t believe it. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:59 pm Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Alstone wrote:
Hi Broom
I didn't mean you getting a conversion, I ment if I can get a 2x12g conversion for an 850 airmagnum I might be intrested in getting an 850. Do you understand or would you like me to write it in Dutch!.Laughing
AL

Interpretation's a human thing, Al Mr. Green

Why would you want to do a conversion? Isn't refill cheaper?

AirGunEric wrote:
Al- do you have a link for that 88g to 2x12g converter? I'd like to see how it's put together.

And Broommaster: Now that you've got it apart- what are you planning to do to it?

Nothing.

boeing299 wrote:
boeing299 wrote:
hi broommaster
I have had two airsources leak out on me as soon as i inserted them.if i spray it with oil it holds.what do i do and thanks for your trouble.....brad. Question

broommaster2000 wrote:

Could you please tell me where you could buy a new ventile with a different than rubber seal? Umarex usa says that my ventile is dirty and to clean it with a silicone based oil and q tip.i will try cleaning it but i don`t believe it. Rolling Eyes

Can't help you with that, B, I don't even know where the previous owner got it. Mr. Green Check paintballshops. I think they'll be able to help you in the right direction.

It shouldn't be hard to remove that ventile, just take one to a shot that deals in gasses, gas-transport, whatever, they are bound to know something.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:08 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
boeing299 wrote:

Hello Brad:

A little update on an AirSource adapter and what may be happening to your airmagnum with the AS cartridge:

http://www.airgunhome.com/agforum/viewtopic.php?t=359

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Taking apart the Airmagnum 850 in 3 steps. 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles