Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Accessories » Target Backdrop
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
Target Backdrop 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:39 am Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 4139
Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND
Experimenting with diffrent types of material to put in the back of a target box, I came across a clear plastic sheet used for doorways for forklifts in factory's ect, trying it out at home it would take a .177 8gram wadcutter at 700fps without even marking the plastic, it obsorbed quite a lot of the impact ( very little rebound ), so I took a piece of it down to the local rifle club and we tried it at 11ftp with a .22 12gram pellet and all it did was to mark the plastic but not break the surface. So it seemes pretty tough material and it does quiten the noise down a bit. Worth a try!.

AL


Last edited by Alstone on Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:50 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:03 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
I can see it now- every warehouse where an airgunner has access will soon start discovering missing curtain pieces! That stuff is pretty thick and heavy- I assume that is so it's not too easy for a forklift to get stuck to it and rip it off the hanger.

So how did you get it? Hide around the corner of a wall at your local port storage facility, wait until no one was looking, then grab and run with it, laughing all the way? Razz

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 4139
Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND
I would like to think so Eric, but I'm afraid it was the end of a roll I had left over from a job I was doing. It is made of Urethane and it does have a shape memory so it returns to its original shape after being hit by a pellet. You can hang it over a wall, hedge or anything to protect it from damage and with it being transparent it does'nt look unsightly.

By the way supermarkets use it also.

AL
View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:19 am Reply with quote
leadman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 10 Feb 2007
Posts: 215
very good idea..i often wonder while at work how fast i would have to fire a pellet in order to put it thru different objects lol

_________________
http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=huntingcanada
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:29 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
Alstone wrote:
By the way supermarkets use it also.



Hmmm- Maybe I should head off to my local 24-hour grocery mart with a magnum springer and try it out. No, maybe that wouldn't be such a good idea... Hammer Head

Actually, I wonder if alot of these sorts of "flaps" you find on things- like manufacturing machinery and the like would perform similarly?

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Target Backdrop 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Accessories
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.