Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics » Mac Glashan BB Trainer Machinegun
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
Mac Glashan BB Trainer Machinegun 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:17 am Reply with quote
yourdaddyjoe
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Joined: 26 May 2008
Posts: 4027
Location: Tatorville, USA
I was in Downtown Hobby today talking airguns with the owner and he told me his Grandpa passed away and while they were going through the atic he ran across this...

Mac Glashan BB Trainer Machinegun
Model E-3 M2 .50 copy

It's like the one on the left but with out the cross hair sights.


It will be up for sale once he has a chance to clean it up and see if it still fires. He rembers it being mounted on the back deck and his Grandpa chasing the ducks away on the lake with streams of BBs.

More history on these guns at http://www.geocities.com/bbmachinegun/review11.htm

_________________

Say "NO" to BB Gun Wars... Quid Pro Quo Rule: An eye for an eye...
www.HPASports.com www.Facebook.com/hpasports
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:20 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
Now that's a collector's item I'd say. I gather there may only be a few dozen of these things known to be around- so your friend may be able to get a princely sum for it as well!

Any way to get him to take pictures of it as he takes it apart- at least for the historical reference? Heck, if he's willing- maybe we could create a webpage on airgunhome.com for future reference.

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:20 am Reply with quote
Slavia
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2008
Posts: 4382
Location: Waseca, Minnesota, USA
Quote:
Any way to get him to take pictures of it as he takes it apart


Oh, yes, please! I haven't been this excited since the night my brother took me sucker fishing, at night, in the rain, - and I walked into an electric fence.

It looks fairly straightforward. There's a brass pressure reservoir. A solenoid driving two levers, probably one to meter BB's and the other to hammer a valve. And a little box that I suspect is like a turn signal blinker to run the solenoid.

This is cool.

_________________
¡Listo! ¡Apunte! ¡Fuego!
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:45 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5714
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Most intriguing. Hmyes. Mr. Green

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:30 am Reply with quote
yourdaddyjoe
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Joined: 26 May 2008
Posts: 4027
Location: Tatorville, USA
Slavia wrote... "Oh, yes, please! I haven't been this excited since the night my brother took me sucker fishing, at night, in the rain, - and I walked into an electric fence"

At least you did not pee on it like my brother did... It was a shocking experience for him... Yikes!

_________________

Say "NO" to BB Gun Wars... Quid Pro Quo Rule: An eye for an eye...
www.HPASports.com www.Facebook.com/hpasports
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:48 am Reply with quote
Rogerflat
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 2051
Why don't I ever find cool stuff like that in the attic?

I'd like to mount that to my window sill and lay waste to any birds unfortunate enough to land in its cross hairs.

I picture myself firing non-stop yelling "Get some, get some!" like the guy in the helicopter from the movie full metal jacket.

_________________
I done been assisted by the trees and rivers. Never needed any minister to figure my divinity.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:22 pm Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5714
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
I think you need to lay of on war movies. Shocked

In my case, I'd be jailed. Mr. Green

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Rogerflat
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 2051
That's the ultimate road rage gun. The jerkoff behind you is tailgating and you push a button and this thing pops up out of the trunk and peppers their windshied.

_________________
I done been assisted by the trees and rivers. Never needed any minister to figure my divinity.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:28 pm Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5714
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
I don't want you to come near me with that thing! Mr. Green

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Rogerflat
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 2051
I'd want a good pair of shooting goggles though. Low velocity bb's richochet like nobody's business.

_________________
I done been assisted by the trees and rivers. Never needed any minister to figure my divinity.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:07 pm Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5714
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Tracers would be cool. Mr. Green

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:20 pm Reply with quote
dirtdawg2
New Member
New Member
Joined: 26 Jul 2008
Posts: 1
Location: Sunnyvale
I don't even have an "attic".

Neutral

_________________
It is-what it is...
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:29 pm Reply with quote
cw
Banned
Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 1771
That's pretty cool! Thanks for sharing.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Slavia
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2008
Posts: 4382
Location: Waseca, Minnesota, USA
That site says this:
Quote:
The Army Was Not About To Make The Mistake Of Putting A M2 .50 Or Even A 1919a Directly Into The Hands Of Gomer Pyle Without A Little Training. So This Is What They Came Up With, A Safer Alternative

My nephew just finished basic at Ft. Benning. They had him shoot one (the powder burner), but it was completely fixed (no aiming).

_________________
¡Listo! ¡Apunte! ¡Fuego!
View user's profile Send private message
Mac Glashan BB Trainer Machinegun 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.