Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Hunting, Pest Control, Varminting » New kills with the air shotgun Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Rogerflat
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 2051
I think the point is just that they can belittle me because they don't agree with how I hunt. It's just a disagreement resulting in insults. Same old story.

The air shot gun is only as good as the odds are of you hitting a vital area like the head, neck, or artery. You have no control over this so it's just an odds game. However, it is unethical to use a gun that you know only has a relatively low successful kill rate. Which is why I stopped using it as a shotgun and in turn made it a .22 air rifle.

_________________
I done been assisted by the trees and rivers. Never needed any minister to figure my divinity.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:01 pm Reply with quote
23ib0d0n
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 21 May 2007
Posts: 757
I have no problem with legal hunting and don't understand why pest birds are held in such high regard as to cause a forum member to feel belittled. NoNoNo

Neither Passer domesticus nor Sturnus vulgaris are edible, but I have no problem clearing these pests out so that beneficial birds may be safe to nest and feed. Guess that makes me heartless anti PETA scum, too? Twisted Evil

Ingrid Newkirk is a fraud, and the whole of the PETA organization is based on money for lies.

http://www.youtube.com/v/l9ijLulwUTY&hl=en&fs=1
I'll bet PETA hates this ^ 15minutes ^ in the spotlight . . . but PETA loves when they can divide to conquer.

Concern for pests, huh? It's called hunting. Otherwise, it'd be called shopping.

Hunters should think about the way they view what other hunters do.
Ethical game management will have 'misses' and PETA uses that to divide us.
Don't allow them to trick you into this belief. Legal hunting is what, we as hunters, should condone.

I've never met a pest that 'respected me', but I show reverence for life that the pest can't comprehend.
As a human, I make the choice to hunt and if I'll eat what I take or not. Pests just do whatever their stomache tells them.

Legal hunting should be understood by hunters. No need to preach typical PETA epithets to a true hunter, because we are more motivated to ethical game conservation than PETA is ever going to be.
I personally don't buy into PETA propaganda. Choose to? Well, that's fine ~ but a hunter should really be more supportive of legal hunts.

So what are the true ethics you want to display and to whom do you decide to choose as allies. PETA IS NOT my idea of an organization that shares my ethical values. I choose to show that I hunt ethically, legally within the Rules and Regulations of this Department of Natural Resourses, condoning legal hunts, while supporting other hunters that do the same.

Seems a reasonable concept to me . . . Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:10 pm Reply with quote
thepaladin
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 12 Dec 2007
Posts: 930
Location: TN USA
Didn't we just say that??????? Huh? Well any way..."dittos" (if I may borrow that particular response) Smile

_________________
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:41 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
I love that Penn and Teller show...

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:19 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5714
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Reasonable, J, quite reasonable indeed, hmyes.

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:03 am Reply with quote
kanyon
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 09 Aug 2008
Posts: 1582
Location: New Zealand
Makes mental note to myself!
NEVER post pics of dead critters.

Thanx K
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:40 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
kanyon wrote:
Makes mental note to myself!
NEVER post pics of dead critters.

Thanx K


Whatchoo talkin' bout? It's always a party- some people don't want anything posted for fear that "they" will see them and call everyone a bunch of unethical yo-yos ("they" being PETA, people calling for more gun control, etc. etc.)

But, in the case of poor RogerFlat- he developed a name early on for himself by [illegally] shooting birds in the subdivision where he lives- so now he gets a bit harder a ride from most.

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:07 am Reply with quote
Rogerflat
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 2051
Well, I think that some people here just deemed what I was shooting as illegal eventhought they didn't know the facts. Turns out I was, but that's not the point.

I found that it's better to not say what you are shooting or where you have shot it. If you say that you've shot a "bird" on some land somewhere then it can be left to assume that it was just a starling out on your personal 200 acre wooded property in the middle of nowwhere. Otherwise people will say "It's not starling season! And what if you hit your neighbors houses or cars?!"

It's one of those deals where people are looking to be offended and looking to nit pick somebody. I mean if you find that the shooting of birds with pellet guns is atrocious, then why in the hell would you go to an airgun hunting board and poke your head in all the threads?

But yeah, I stopped posting pics of kills because it just seemed to draw spiteful comments more than anything else. And while the initial post itself wouldn't likely draw PETA's attention and scrutiny, the flame war that results from it might.

_________________
I done been assisted by the trees and rivers. Never needed any minister to figure my divinity.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:53 am Reply with quote
cw
Banned
Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 1771
" I found that it's better to not say what you are shooting or where
you have shot it."

Roger, You may now leave the temple.



The above, that you stated, is very true in the pest control business,
especially when dealing with cats and dogs. Discretion is the key to
more business.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:31 am Reply with quote
Rogerflat
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 2051
Oh great, now you've opened the can of worms about the shooting of cats and dogs.

Hold on to your socks boys and girls, this is going to get ugly....

_________________
I done been assisted by the trees and rivers. Never needed any minister to figure my divinity.
View user's profile Send private message
Bird killing 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Shiek of Dundalk
New Member
New Member
Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 2
Location: Maryland
rogerflatt wrote:when I start shooting and their brethren start falling to the ground, it seems to incite them into a frenzy of loud cawing and fluttering about the limbs, and they keep flooding in, I guess to see what all the comotion is about. This has happened before to about the same result. It basically just turns into a shooting gallery
Crows are very community oriented and when one goes down, the rest of the murder(flock of crows) will go to the injured crow to help.

_________________
Paranoia is just heightened awareness
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:56 am Reply with quote
Rogerflat
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 2051
They weren't crows, but they were similar to them. Some type of blackbirds. Some species will leave their fallen like it's nothing, but others will stay with them until they themselves are shot.

_________________
I done been assisted by the trees and rivers. Never needed any minister to figure my divinity.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:41 pm Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5714
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
I just deleted Mar's post. I just couldn't stand someone loosing his cool like that. There is no need to just go calling names without it being remotely funny. Name calling is what people result to when they can't understand how to cope with something.

This is something that I haven't seen Roger doing. He's always been pretty polite in his reactions. Real idiots would have gotten themselves banned and kicked. The reason why Roger is still on board, is because he seems to have more sense then just your average douchebag.

At the beginning of this post, Roger stated he stopped using the Airshotgun for hunting. No need for another kick in the nuts. He's shooting birds that are legal to hunt. No problem. If, according to opinion, Roger shoots to many birds, please go ask him politely why. He will probably explain himself in a polite and clear fashion.

If Roger, or anyone else for that matter, is found hunting birds illegally, he(or she) will get a ton of warnings and probably will just have deal with it or go away. I think we can all agree on that.

A forum is a place for discussion. If one needs to lay of steam, go put replies on youtube.

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Rogerflat
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 2051
I wish I could've read what he posted before you deleted it broom. But I've heard it all before I guess.

_________________
I done been assisted by the trees and rivers. Never needed any minister to figure my divinity.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:01 pm Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5714
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Oh, it was an old post, where he got emotional.

I don't like it when people get emotional. It makes me feel uneasy and I need to open the valves of my vocabulary to blow of steam.

In a way, I'm not that different from him, only I use my powers for good! Mr. Green

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
New kills with the air shotgun 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Hunting, Pest Control, Varminting
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 2 of 5  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.