Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Optics » Hawke Spotting Scope a load of S**H!!!
Hawke Spotting Scope a load of S**H!!! 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
I have been looking for a Spotting Scope for 20m target shooting and general use so after looking around on the internet I settled for a Hawke Maksutov-Cassegrain 25-75x70 but after a few days the focusing adjuster broke so thinking this was just a one off fault I sent it back and asked for it to be replaced with a Hawke Frontier 15-45x65 upon receiving this I found the bottom lens in the zoom eyepiece cracked I sent this one back and thought third time lucky but no, the next one I received had a lose prisim Which mad it impossible to focus. All these Scopes were new and cost £300.00 each so should have gone through quality control, but I think Hawke Quality control is done by the customer. In the end I got a refund but it cost me £30 return postage which was not refunded. So beware of Hawke products they are a load of S**H!!!.

In the end I went down to our local Cash Saver shop and bought a cheap Konusport-65 costing £99.00 and it is brilliant a lot better than a Hawke costing three times as much.

AL

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 1:49 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
I guess it proves the idea that "high price" doesn't necessarily mean "high quality". Too bad it ended up costing you a good amount in shipping and wasted time.

Also- what profanity starts with "S" and ends with "H"??? S**H! Wink

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Alstone
Sorry a bit of dyslexia crept in there.

AL

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 1:59 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Real "profanity" is actually censored by the forum software- go ahead- type in the real word- no '**'s in there- and see what happens when you post it!

Also- three bad scopes in a row is pretty extreme- is it possible the vendor in this case was selling "seconds" without knowing it? At £300.00- it's unbelievable that 3 in a row were toast. (I believe you, but that is absurd- I would've thought by the end of that transaction the vendor might be sending you a gift certificate or something for your troubles!).

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Alstone
He did send me a Browning Scope it was a 15-45x65 with ED lens normal cost £600.00 he let me have it for £300 but when that arrived it had dirt on the main lens and that was sealed inside, no way of cleaning it so it went back. There you go such is life. f#ck!!.

Your right it does work.

AL

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:12 pm Reply with quote
junior
Alstone wrote:
He did send me a Browning Scope it was a 15-45x65 with ED lens normal cost £600.00 he let me have it for £300 but when that arrived it had dirt on the main lens and that was sealed inside, no way of cleaning it so it went back. There you go such is life. f#ck!!.

Your right it does work.

AL
hi mate, no way the guys taking you for mushy peas, id ask for my dollar back or pay him a visit..without doubt these are used or ex stock..iv also read a lot of stuff about hawke scopes expesially the illuminated ones, apparently there cross hairs brake or come loose..man get your money back and go a local shop so you can see before you buy!! without doubt theres a reason why his dropped it from £600 to £300 and it aint cuz his messed you about, its cuz its used..demand your money back my friend.. in the uk the gunshops like to take the p?@? too, i think its common but i must say theres goodens out there, its just the case of finding them and sticking to them im affraid.....sorry to hear this, it gives all the good shops a bad name

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:19 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
In case you didn't catch it- AL did get his purchase-price money back- but he was out £30.0 for return postage/packaging on the items!

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

lucky 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:09 am Reply with quote
junior
AirGunEric wrote:
In case you didn't catch it- AL did get his purchase-price money back- but he was out £30.0 for return postage/packaging on the items!
hi all, good to hear that cuz over here it probly would of took a court case...na as i said theres good guys out there, charging him £30 is still a liberty as all items were faulty and the shop obviously knew that or they would of refused him his money, good to here it ended up better for him....
Hawke Spotting Scope a load of S**H!!! 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Optics