Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics » 880 or 901?
880 or 901? 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:50 pm Reply with quote
boomer92266
i have a daisy 880 that shoots really good, i have a chance to get a 901 at a good price of $30. my neighbor wants to move up to a break barrel. the 901 is only a month old with less than 250 pellets through it. i have shot it and its as accurate as my 880, feels good and i have to admit looks more durable than the 880. i'm asking this question because my brother inlaw wants to get into shooting and when i get the 901 i am going to give him either the 880 or 901. but i would like to keep the overall better gun, i know there probably isn't a big difference but if ya'll had an 880 and a 901 set in front of you, both really accurate which one would you choose? also will the internals be the same as i have a few parts for an 880. thanks

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:50 pm Reply with quote
boomer92266
i called daisy and was told the internals are mostly the same on the 901 and 880. the main parts such as seals, ect. are interchangable, the only difference is that the 880 is plastic and the 901 is polymer. if i was buying a new one i don't know if the 901 is worth $30 more just for a polymer frame and stock. tho it looks to be alot stronger and may last longer. but since i'm getting this one at a good deal i may keep the 901. i'll wait tho as i hope someone on here has owned both and could let me know. thanks

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:38 am Reply with quote
pzygtpeter
have an 880 very ammo sensitive only likes daisy pointed pellets

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:36 pm Reply with quote
boomer92266
UPDATE: I decided to keep the 901, it just seems more durable. it may have the same power plant but the overall feel and handling is just better with the 901. thanks
880 or 901? 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics