Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Hunting, Pest Control, Varminting » Another Good Day
Another Good Day 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:44 pm Reply with quote
rsterne
First up was the largest Franklin's (Spruce) Grouse I have ever seen.... It was so big I thought it was a large Ruffie, but when Molly brought it to me I found it was a huge male Franklin's.... A half hour later I got a normal sized female Ruffed Grouse, and when I cleaned the two birds the breast on the male Franklin's was larger than the Ruffie, something I haven't seen before....

For the fourth day in a row we went back to a location we had seen a rabbit, and set up 45 yards from where we had spotted him three times previously.... We did the same thing last night with no success, but tonight he appeared just after 6:00 PM.... I was all set up, with the scope prefocused, and I knew the distance.... He looked pretty small when I put the crosshairs on the top of his head and sent an 18 gr. JSB downrange at 720 fps.... A second later I heard a loud THWACK which knocked him right over and then he proceeded to do backflips until we got there and gave him a coup de gras.... The first hit was just above and behind the eye.... he was dead his nerves just didn't know it yet....

This Snowshoe Hare was a young one, much smaller than the first one I got.... I'm guessing he will be tender and tasty, the wife and I are certainly looking forward to it.... She was pretty impressed that I made the shot, it's longer range than any shot at a Grouse we ever take....

Bob

Another Good Day 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Hunting, Pest Control, Varminting