Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Hunting, Pest Control, Varminting » Pesting in full swing! The birds thought they got safe...
Pesting in full swing! The birds thought they got safe... 
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 7:32 am Reply with quote
toadmyster223
Well I'm hoooome! On the first morning I went outside, I shot 2 starlings and 2 mourning doves within 4 minutes with 4 shots! Threw the breasts off the doves in the fridge in some salt water, hope to add some more soon. And another starling about 20 minutes later. Problem is, I'm out of good pellets. I've got like 500 brass monstrosities that won't stay on a coffee can, and some Silver arrows that are just as bad.

Didn't let that slow me down! Got a sparrow with my Marksman! Perfect headshot at 15 paces with a supersonic (junk) pellet. Love it.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y225/Mastertoad223/heashot_zpsca56d23a.jpg

Got the car part I need, and once I get it installed on my buddies day off, I can officially start looking for a job. Soon!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:10 pm Reply with quote
oddtodd
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
I love shooting starlings! They are my fave hunting target. I don't eat them because they are nasty, but here they are a vermin. THat means in my state I can hunt them anytime, no season, with a general hunting license.

THey are a nuisance here And they take over areas for the good birds like robins, cardinals and other songbirds. I also like my airguns because this means I can hunt them in my dad's backyard. I live in an apartment, so I don't get to hunt with powder-burners ever. I only have one anyway, and that's kept at my dad's house. It's a .22 marlin that I've had since I was 16. I never shoot it, but It's a keepsake that I will give to my son. He will be old enough in 4 years.

I don't squirrel hunt anymore, because I don't want to waste the meat. I'm the only one that will eat it. Starlings though are trash here. They are a European import and as such, have no natural enemies.

Three or four of them will gang up on the feeders here at my apartment building and not let any of the other birds in till it's empty. If my apartment windows opened there wouldn't be a starling left for blocks. There are already only a few starlings left at my dad's house. I've almost got em all. There are so many more songbirds since I started my eradication campaign that it's great to be there in the mornings when the sun is coming up.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:51 pm Reply with quote
toadmyster223
Not justifying myself to anyone. Plenty of beautiful and majestic animals are tasty, can't help that. And I second the starlings- flying rats.
Pesting in full swing! The birds thought they got safe... 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Hunting, Pest Control, Varminting