Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Optics » OPTIMUS Scopes
OPTIMUS Scopes 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:37 am Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Anyone know anything about OPTIMUS Scopes? The one below sounds ideal for what I want but not sure if they are junk or not.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OPTIMUS-ZOOM-2-7X32-AOE-5xRED-GREEN-rifle-site-scope-fit-20mm-11mm-RAIL-mount-/221059999218

AL

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:08 am Reply with quote
Big Ern
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I don't know anything about it other than it looks really cool and has rails all over it Laughing . I looks like a good deal AL. I would give it a shot.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:10 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Another Chinese-made product that has been "OEM'd" to this Optimus place. Could be bad, could be anything. I suspect that if the seller doesn't start selling them like hotcakes, once the marine container is empty of everything they ordered, the entire 'line' will die.

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:07 am Reply with quote
Alstone
I think I’ll get one and give it a try, all I need is something to replace a red dot on my SA80/QB. When shooting out to 25m the dot is about 1” dia and I would like something a bit more accurate with a bit of magnification, and this scope fit’s the bill. So we will see what good it is. Neutral

I think your right Eric when the container is empty Optimus ceases to trade. Laughing

Al

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Alstone
I just noticed that the scope I was going to get has built in mounts which is not what I wanted, so I have now ordered a slightly different scope which I think is better, It still carries the OPTIMUS logo so we shall see?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220967178183?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Al

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:20 am Reply with quote
Alstone
Ordered the new scope on Thursday and it arrived to-day Saturday, very quick service. I was quite surprised with the quality for a cheap scope, it is heavier than some full sized scopes, but there again it is well made using aircraft grade aluminium with brass turrets and caps. On top of that all the paper work supplied with it says “Made in China for www.Leapers.com”.

In use it has very clear and sharp optics with a Mil-dot recital plus red or green illumination, the recital is a bit thicker than normal but no problem. I have put about 100 shots through it so far and it retains zero perfectly the turrets are stiff but accurate with a positive click, it does come with weaver rail mounts but you can use any mounts as the tube is 1” dia, plus you get a sunshade and flip up covers.

So far it has exceeded my expectations and I am very happy with it, just what I wanted to finish off my SA80/QB

Al

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:23 am Reply with quote
Big Ern
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Wow Al! That scope looks great. I like it more than the first one you picked. It really sets the gun off. Time for a new photoshoot!
OPTIMUS Scopes 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Optics