Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Antique, Collector and Novelty Airguns » Value of Benjamin Air Rifle - Model C
Value of Benjamin Air Rifle - Model C 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:41 pm Reply with quote
duck nazi
Hello,

I'm looking for a litle help with the identification and the value of a Benjamin Air Rifle that I have. I believe it is a Model C with the normal barrel length, not the short version.

Any information that you could provide for this air rifle will be appreciated!

Thank you,
Tim

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:19 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are there any dates on the rifle? Either a manufacturing date or patent dates?

Based on your picture- the rise at the end of the tube behind the rear sight indicates it is more likely a Model E or F, not a C, unfortunately. But- the trigger guard does appear to match that of the 'C'- not the more angular one found on E's and F's. It might be possible that you have a mis-matched setup- i.e. two models parts combined into one.

If it is a Model C, it has no "priceguide" type value as it is quite rare (I would imagine in reasonable shape $500-800 would not be all that tough to get)- whereas Model E's and F's are only good for a couple hundred dollars in very good condition.

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:43 am Reply with quote
duck nazi
AirGunEric wrote:
Are there any dates on the rifle? Either a manufacturing date or patent dates?

AirGunEric,

I used a magnifying glass to look at the rear of the barrel again, and I'm pretty positive it says the air rifle is a Model D, the last patent date on it is June-5-06.

I attached some more pictures to help identify it.

Thank you for your help,
Tim

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:37 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Well- if it indeed is a model "D"- that might explain the mix-match of parts. Apparently, there was a rumored model "D" but may have been so rare that it is virtually nonexistent.

If you can confirm it is in fact a model "D" - you may actually want to contact Robert Beeman about it- Looking at his notes on the early Benjamins, it almost appears that he has never seen/doesn't believe a model "D" ever truly existed- meaning this unit might be worth some much larger dollars. Find him here: http://www.beemans.net/

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:46 pm Reply with quote
duck nazi
AirGunEric wrote:
Well- if it indeed is a model "D"- that might explain the mix-match of parts. Apparently, there was a rumored model "D" but may have been so rare that it is virtually nonexistent.

If you can confirm it is in fact a model "D" - you may actually want to contact Robert Beeman about it- Looking at his notes on the early Benjamins, it almost appears that he has never seen/doesn't believe a model "D" ever truly existed- meaning this unit might be worth some much larger dollars. Find him here: http://www.beemans.net/

AirGunEric,

Once again, thank you very much for the information!
I had several other people inspect the end of the barrel and they confirm that it is stamped Model D! I have sent an email to Robert Beeman in regards to this air rifle.

Thanks again, I really appreciate your help,
Tim Smile
Value of Benjamin Air Rifle - Model C 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Antique, Collector and Novelty Airguns