Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Hunting, Pest Control, Varminting » pellet style preference. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:23 pm Reply with quote
The outdoorsman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
eric,

i shoot 3 kinds of crosman pellets withough much difference in accuracy

i am not much for target shooting i really only shoot a soup cans never have shot at a paper target in my life, so most deffinatly our deffinition of "accurate" if different, i try to be as accurate as possible but....

Shooting Pistols

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:16 pm Reply with quote
DelfinJager
Quote:
As for DelfinJager's "Beeman Silver Bear's" I think either that pellet went through the eye and never touched the bone or those pellets are designed to impact bone at a different velocity (most likely higher), I would experiment with different pellets if I was getting that little amount of deformation from the pellet impacting the bone, Though it depends on the availability of the pellets for Him, Ever tried cutting an 'X' in the top of a Pointed or Domed pellet? that might just do the trick.

It went through where the skull is the most dense. I have a pic of the squirrel but there is a ton of blood so I am not sure if it is completely appropriate to post it. I can if you would like to see. As for cutting an X this does not work with real bullets I've tried it a few times. It does look cool in the movies.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:21 pm Reply with quote
StevieLaner7777
LOL! Yeah that's where I got the idea from really, thought it might be worth trying out, Bit like the Myth-buster program you guys watch on Sky.

As for the pic, I wouldn't have any problem seeing it, Bit like roadkill really and that's everywhere this time of year, Not sure how everyone else feels about it though!?!

Stevie Thumb Up!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:50 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
DelfinJager wrote:
I have a pic of the squirrel but there is a ton of blood so I am not sure if it is completely appropriate to post it. I can if you would like to see.

Load it up on the image hosting service we are attached to- that way it only puts a condensed version here for people to see. If they want to look at it, they can then click on it and get the full-size detail. If people don't want to have any idea/knowledge of this sort of thing- then perhaps they shouldn't be visiting the "Hunting, Pest Control, Varminting" area of the forum.

Of course, nothing that could constitute mutilation or involves humans is appropriate- but as long as it's animals that are shot, reasonably humanely, and not illegally it should be ok (if somebody shoots a lion or an elephant and posts it, that's a definite 'no-no').

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:27 pm Reply with quote
23ib0d0n
AirGunEric wrote:
(if somebody shoots a lion or an elephant and posts it, that's a definite 'no-no').
Even me? With an air cannon?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Mar
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Ah your 50 and 75 yard markers look way off and that bunny looks fake. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:27 pm Reply with quote
DelfinJager
Here is the first photo. It is the entrance wound You can see it hit in the upper part of the jaw. The squirrel was above me so the trajectory is upward. I messed up and rushed the shot targeting the middle of the skull not the actual brainpan.

This is the other side of the animal. The pellet is visible just under the skin. It has pierced the the pallet and servered serveral arteries and crushed the lower part of skull.

This animal did not suffer the recovery was measured in inches from the spasms from the CNS dying.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:40 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
I think you missed it- use the image hosting service that is provided when you are typing a post (the "Add image to post" button)- that way no one really has to see what some might find gorey unless the specifically click on it after seeing the smaller "preview" shot.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:00 am Reply with quote
Mar
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Looks like a clean kill to me, hate it when I shoot something and it would have to squirm around enough that it needs a second shot. Thank goodness that doesn't happen to often, hate to see anything suffer for longer than it needs to be.

Other than that, I see nothing wrong with the picture...but then I'm and old hunter now, though kind of retired.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:48 am Reply with quote
DelfinJager
Quote:
I think you missed it- use the image hosting service that is provided when you are typing a post (the "Add image to post" button)- that way no one really has to see what some might find gorey unless the specifically click on it after seeing the smaller "preview" shot.

My fault I am new to this style of forum most of the others I use have a different format and don't have the add image option. The smaller preview rocks for dialup users I'm sure.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:14 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
DelfinJager wrote:
The smaller preview rocks for dialup users I'm sure.

Absolutely! It's also pretty easy to use, just hit the button, upload the picture and away you go (it inserts the code right at the bottom of the post- so you may need to cut&paste to place it exactly where you want it). The service had a couple of problems up until a month or two ago- occasionally images wouldn't come up properly- but they seem to have fixed that.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:40 am Reply with quote
2RCHA
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
It's a toolbox,,Each gun I own prefers it's own brand of pellet, but generally for "plinking", I like to use Crosman Premeirs, and H&N pellets, For field use(hunting), I only use "Skenco" type 1's .22 @11gr,and type 3's in .177, I'll easily take down a rabbit at 40yds+.

XS B9-1 w/AimPoint CompM2
TAC1 Extreme w/Tasco 3-9x40/Var,. Kit
2240/2289g w/Fitco 3-12x40K-GD
Gamo Recon w/ Fitco 2-7x32k
QB-57Deluxe .22 w/Fitco 2-7x32k

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:13 pm Reply with quote
The outdoorsman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
skenkos?
how do you like them i've herd they break off in the barrel a lot, funny most of the people i've asked or herd from has not actually used them they just said that they have herd that the skirts break of so it would be nice to here from someone who has actually used them.

Shooting Pistols

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:07 pm Reply with quote
2RCHA
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
How you doin' "Shooter"?, Wink ,It's a shame that people who've never even tried something can give it a bad rep. Skenco's are a very well made lead-free pellet, the Sabot's do not self-destruct in the barrel, Laughing ,and they don't foul the barrel, or leave "stringer's". The only drawback about these pellet's(if you could call it a "drawback"), would be their light weight, at only 11gr. they will tend to drift at anything past 50yds(especially on a windy day), but if you're firing at anything within 40yds, it's going down!,period!
The only thing I can say is,Go out, and buy a container and give them a try, I can honestly say that you won't be dissapointed. Andy.

XS B9-1 w/AimPoint CompM2
TAC1 Extreme w/Tasco 3-9x40/Var,. Kit
2240/2289g w/Fitco 3-12x40K-GD
Gamo Recon w/ Fitco 2-7x32k
QB-57Deluxe .22 w/Fitco 2-7x32k

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:13 am Reply with quote
The outdoorsman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
they sound good, do they increase tyhe velosity very much?

Shooting Pistols
pellet style preference. 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Hunting, Pest Control, Varminting