Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » BB Guns » Crosman 2100 barrel mod?
Crosman 2100 barrel mod? 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:26 am Reply with quote
teflon97239
I read somewhere that a guy stabilized his Crosman 2100 a lot by wrapping both ends of the barrel in white teflon plumbers tape.

Made no sense to me until I looked at my 2100 and realized that what I thought was the barrel is actually a (loose rattling) sleeve over a little barrel inside. So that makes some sense, but I'm hesitant to yank it apart and try the mod without some more info.

Has anyone here done this? I have the parts list exploded view .pdf of the 2100, but it doesn't explain anything about taking it apart or putting it back together. Having stripped screws while tinkering on more than a few toys and instruments, I'm hoping to learn a bit before I reduce my functional 2100 to a bucket o' parts as well.

Ideas, tips, pics, instructions appreciated! Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:36 pm Reply with quote
radar
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
On the pump-up guns, I'm a Daisy man (that sounds funny) and I never had a 2100 apart, but the barrel arrangent is similar. They both have the thin, steel rifled barrel inside a stamped sheet metal tube, or "shroud."

On the Daisy 880, 901, 22SG family, the rear of the true barrel is a pressed fit into the cast metal valve body, and the front fits snugly into a plastic piece with a cone-shaped hole so it self-centers in the cone. The center area of the barrel also has a plastic bushing that spans from the barrel to the shroud. I think that is all the stability you need (in the Daisy) so if Crosman lets the center of the barrel vibrate freely, teflon tape to fit the center area tightly may or may not help accuracy.

Been here? Idea

http://anotherairgunblog.blogspot.com/2009/02/resealing-crosman-2100-part-1.html

http://anotherairgunblog.blogspot.com/2009/02/resealing-crosman-2100-part-2.html

cheers
Rob

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:15 pm Reply with quote
teflon97239
Took the sleeve off the barrel. Built up shims on the barrel with electrical tape until it was nice and tight at breech and muzzle when I shoved the sleeve back on. MUCH better!

Thanks for tips.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:18 am Reply with quote
radar
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Cool

Air Gun Home Forum Index » BB Guns