Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics » What is your primary reason for airgunning? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

What is your primary reason for owning an airgun?
Target Shooting (Competitive or Casual)
36%
 36%  [ 111 ]
Hunting (Food, Pelts or Pest Control)
30%
 30%  [ 92 ]
Modifications, Hobby Tuning
9%
 9%  [ 30 ]
I just like guns of any type
15%
 15%  [ 46 ]
Social or Club activity and involvement
0%
 0%  [ 2 ]
Other: Please specify!
7%
 7%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 305

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:47 pm Reply with quote
23ib0d0n
woodell_d wrote:
I'm really having fun with it! I've already started to upgrade my gun little bit.
and so the addiction begins . . . Mr. Green
Welcome! 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Jim McArthur
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome, Woodell! Sounds like my reasons also. Mr. Green

Jim

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:47 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Recently it's become complaining about some friends, and praising some others. Mr. Green

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:29 pm Reply with quote
WNCAGC
I like punching paper and hitting steel targets most of all but with the formation of our airgun club it has become a social function as well.

I love airgunning and each one I buy it is like Christmas and being a kid all over again.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Redster
WNCAGC wrote:
I love airgunning and each one I buy it is like Christmas and being a kid all over again.

Absolutely. It is one of the cheapest, most fun hobbies to have and definitely takes you back to being a kid again.

I love sighting in scopes and open sights, and practicing shooting to see how close I can get to the accuracy of the gun on a bench. I also like being able to do it in my backyard, rather than having to go through the expense and time of driving out to a range to shoot a firearm.

I originally got back into airgunning in order to control the pigeons around our house, and although I still do take one out every once in while, I find I am buying and shooting many more wadcutters than game pellets these days.
What I like.... 
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 4:56 pm Reply with quote
cliffspot
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...is that I can shoot at home and not have to drive to a"public" or private range. I used to reload my own for 20 years! I sold all my firearms and reloading equipment last year except some pistols for home. I used to enjoy shooting firearms, but now it's too much of a hassle. Too expensive and limited venues. I like the fact that I can tune and repair my springers with just a compressor and a small bag of tools. Plus I can get some small game for my family as they are Vietnamese and LOVE anything with feathers! Don't even get me started on the stuff I ate in their country! LOL!

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Mike AM
I just like airguns ever since i was a boy of 12 yearsold back in 1970. I like shooting them, fixing them, modifing them if the need arises. I also like restoring older airguns ie: The Crosman # 400, # 99 etc. Not that much into hunting anymore unless i really needed to to survive, the pellets are alot cheaper then PB ammo big time

Mike AM Cool

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:28 pm Reply with quote
riarcher
Originally just to keep the rabbit out ofthe garden.
It has and is evolving into some far different than intended.
Was /Am into traditional Archery, Traditional Muzzleloading, but places to go are deminishing.
There is a lot more to airgunning than I originally found with the old BB guns of 45-50 yrs. ago.
I'm especially taken by springers. Essentially a basic machine that allows for whatever involvement one wants to contend with. From buying cheapos and modifying to tack drivers to expensive heavy weight & heavy hitters that you can stack pellet upon pellt with. You can buy a user, or some can make something up from used or new parts. Imagination is the only limit. Way more diversified than I ever imagined. and with untapped potential for improving.
Can be competative or personal / simple or complicated / fun or an exercise in futility. Can be a craft, hobby, sport, meditative, or an frustration outlet to vent the days stresses.
Unequalled in versatility.
,,,,, and I'm new!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:23 pm Reply with quote
yourdaddyjoe
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
The Current Air Gun Arsonal

Crosman 1077 With a Tactical Make Over

Hey Limb Rats... Faq-U You deserve a break today....

Beretta Elite II

And on order.... Crosman 1088

In the past:
Just to name a few, starting when I was 10 years old...

Crosman A.I.R. 17, 760 Pump Master, 357W & 2100B

Daisy - Powerline 1200 & Various Models including the ever famous "Red Ryder"

"Be careful... You'll shoot your eye out"

Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

Wants:
Crosman 2250 & 2260
For moding & Target Practice

YES, I AM A CROSMAN FAN!

Last edited by yourdaddyjoe on Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:34 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:09 pm Reply with quote
KyPlinker
My favorite past time as a kid was to go into the back yard and spend all day with a couple cans, an old crosman 760, and as many bbs as i could afford, (i would buy them by the thousand). Also, i am too young to own a real firearm, and its cheaper to get my target shooting fix with airguns. Even though i shot bb guns as a kid, i was never really an "airgunner", and i never compared the little bb guns to real plinking cartridges like the .22 cal. This afternoon, i was surprised to find that a c02 airgun shooting pointed pellets for max velocity is just as pleasing, and im loving it!

I hope to get a crosman 1760 in the near future so i can get my bolt action fix, (plus some higher velocity in a similar platform to my 1077).

I too am a crosman fan.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Slavia
Because I can hit a junk BBQ propane tank at 100 yards (Crosman G1+RWS Superdomes). Because the others at the range with "real" guns then pour lead downrange to accomplish the same thing. And because I get to explain it's not the gun, it's being able to afford to practice all year round. Happened this evening.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:41 am Reply with quote
cliffspot
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Well, I always liked shooting from a young age. My grandfather showed me what hittin' a target was all about! That little Filipino man could shoot! He had an old Benjy that he used to take home at least 30-40 doves an outing! I thought I was good at 11 years old, till the old man picked off a dime at 30 yds with that old pump gun. I found out later that it was really my Dad's gun, Grandpa snaked it from him! Hahaha! But I was always intrigued be mechanisms, got into building and racing cars, from slots to big block Chevys! Anything mechanical caught my eye, from like the age of 1!! The terror I incurred on my mother! l was into forearms for at least 20 years, reloading, any thing and everything! So I always was interested in airguns. Just that now, airguns let me shoot at home without the cost of travel to a range (and sometimes fees!), the mechanisms are a wonderful, and I can get in there and tinker/improve things! That's why I am into airgunning! It satisfies all my basic drives....got a wife for the rest! LOL!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:11 am Reply with quote
fritz
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
I airgun as a hobby, it's less expensive, quieter, and easier to get away with than shooting something like a .22lr.

I also control squirrel, rabbit, and pest bird populations. Target shooting in the yard is also fun for me.

Speed is impressive, accuracy is deadly.

It's not that I'm not a people person, it's just that I'm not a stupid people person.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:19 am Reply with quote
yourdaddyjoe
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
It has been a while since I posted in this thread...

Reasons change.

Shooting cost has all ways been an issue... Taking time out to travel to a range or open area are out of the question most of the time...

I live in a very difficult situation with having no choice but to be a stay at home caregiver for my disabled wife... Air Guns allow me, "Me time".

They also allow the creative side of me to come out and make air gun goodies not just for my self but for others too. Other Air Gunners challenge me with new or custom stuff that I can make for them.

Being that a stay at home care giver you don’t make much $$. Making the goodies helps supplement my income and gives me a sense that I am working for a living. I have always done my best to work to put supper on our table...

Other Air Gunners through the forums have supported me with very encouraging e-mails and PM's in some dark and dismal times.

Participating in the forums helps bring me a sense of community. Especially AGH, AGH is the only forum that I have experienced that allows me to let my hair down and just be myself.

Thank you guys for helping me to stay on target.

Your friend and AG buddy,
Joe McAllister

Say "NO" to BB Gun Wars... Quid Pro Quo Rule: An eye for an eye...
www.HPASports.com www.Facebook.com/hpasports

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:08 am Reply with quote
Ed Krzynowek
I shoot an airgun to remind myself how much fun it used to be before I started working on them. Now I have very little time to shoot for pleasure. If I'm not working on an airgun, I'm shooting it to sight it in---for someone else.

Some people dislike tunes and tuners, while others are much more appreciative. Either way, make no mistake: In my case, part of my 'sacrifice' in tuning them has been losing the time to shoot for fun, which is how this whole thing got started, afterall.

I've never seen this particular subject addressed by a tuner before, but I bet a lot of them are in the same boat.

If I find another job, and I plan to do so, I'll be able to shoot these things for ME again. I'm, looking forward to that.

Ed
What is your primary reason for airgunning? 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics