Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Clubs/Events/Regional/Political Airgun Issues » Bye Bye to Whispers and what else in Michigan?? Goto page 1, 2  Next
Bye Bye to Whispers and what else in Michigan?? 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:34 am Reply with quote
BBGun Bob
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I found this at the Mich Gun owners forum.
http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=50982
Scroll down 7 posts.

Cabelas has pulled the Gamo Whispers off there shelves.

Following is a ListServ message sent out to police agencies. If you could also help get the word out, I would appreciate it.

MCL 750.224(1) prohibits a person from manufacturing, selling, offering for sale or possessing a muffler or silencer.

A muffler or silencer is defined as "a device for muffling, silencing, or deadening the report of a firearm.

Pellet guns fall under the Michigan statutory definition of a firearm. Therefore, it is illegal to have a pellet gun with a silencer or muffler on it. It has recently come to our attention that several pellet guns are on the market in Michigan which have a built-in or internal silencer. Once of these is the Gamo Whisper.

Although they are not regulated by federal law, since federally a pellet gun is not a firearm, they are prohibited by Michigan law. Michigan gun shops should not have them in stock, nor be selling them in this state.

Please help to advise gun shops in your area of this prohibition.

Thank you,

Debra Smith, Manager
Firearms Records Unit
Michigan State Police

So it seems if you possess a air rifle such as a Gamo Whisper or a Marauder in Michigan you can be charged with a felony for possession of a gun with suppressor.
Who sez state law can't trump Federal law??

I just put it out here for all to see,do what ever you want
but remember it could cost you your freedom and a ton of money once caught and charged.

BBGun Bob
SE Mich.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:33 am Reply with quote
aircube
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
what BS man, its a pellet rifle.....its NOT going to be used to hold someone up for gods sake. Rolling Eyes F! do legislators have nothing better to do these days? Shocked

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:28 am Reply with quote
BBGun Bob
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
aircube wrote:
what BS man, its a pellet rifle.....its NOT going to be used to hold someone up for gods sake. Rolling Eyes F! do legislators have nothing better to do these days? Shocked

icecube Its all about the money these days.All the states are broke and looking for ways to make money.Look at the rise in traffic violations,
Pure and simple economics ,write tickets to make up lost revenue.

BBGun Bob

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:18 pm Reply with quote
sniper
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
bummer. Mad i have 50% down on a marauder from mac-1. hopefully a couple more weeks and i'll have it. i wonder how long he'll be able to sell 'em.

currently airgun silencers are CA legal so long as they are permanently fixed to the barrel and cannot be removed without damaging the gun.

f#cking liberal sates. Faq-U

airguns: the NEW assult rifle. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:55 pm Reply with quote
fritz
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Because we KNOW that everyone is going to do drivebys with their marauder or whisper...

The marauder is a bolt action with revolving clip right? Or what?

Speed is impressive, accuracy is deadly.

It's not that I'm not a people person, it's just that I'm not a stupid people person.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:54 pm Reply with quote
sniper
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
yes 10 shot. i WILL be buying extra.

tim thinks maybe $40 each. Rolling Eyes fuggit. lock and load....

and

f#ck ALL OF THE COCKSUCKING LIBERALS THAT MAKE MY GUN HABIT DIFFICULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Faq-U Faq-U Faq-U Faq-U

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:48 pm Reply with quote
kanyon
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
America....Land of the free Laughing..see these guys are
SO free that they are free to make silly laws Shocked

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Slavia
Mark Twain, 1835-1910:

“We have the best government that money can buy.”

and,

“The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right.”

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:54 pm Reply with quote
rebel
I agree wit sniper f#ck em if they outlaw my hoby then wats next my fishing poles like it was said f#ck em lock and load and ill lock and load my ol ladys mouser 8mm too cuz if I got to take a chance I'm the type of person that will make it worth it : Uzi Shooting Uzi Shooting Uzi Shooting Uzi Shooting Uzi Shooting Uzi Shooting Uzi Shooting Shooting Pistols

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:03 am Reply with quote
sniper
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
OMFG!!! Hey Slav, that thread is 3 years old and now I live in Idaho and don't give a sh!t. Laughing

I was a kaliforniastan prisoner when I posted that.. soooo THERE! Razz

Re: sniper 
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 9:14 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
rebel wrote:
I agree wit sniper f#ck em if they outlaw my hoby then wats next my fishing poles like it was said f#ck em lock and load and ill lock and load my ol ladys mouser 8mm too cuz if I got to take a chance I'm the type of person that will make it worth it : Uzi Shooting Uzi Shooting Uzi Shooting Uzi Shooting Uzi Shooting Uzi Shooting Uzi Shooting Shooting Pistols

For a first post this is a bit extreme. Try toning it down a bit- nobody here needs hillbilly mentality.

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:14 am Reply with quote
AGBug
Slavia wrote:
Mark Twain, 1835-1910:

“We have the best government that money can buy.”

and,

“The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right.”

Our government sits in the realm of both Fascism and Totalitarianism with a zeal of Dictatorship thrown in simply to aid the suppression of our basic rights. Here, in Illinois--being another reason I am moving from the state--an air rifle over .18 caliber and/or exceeding 700fps is considered a firearm Neutral. Sure you can own a simple .177 all you want, but exceed that speed and you are right back where you started. To own one larger--never to be mailed btw to a purchaser in IL over .177 and has to be under 700fps--one must possess a FOID card (Firearm Owner IDentification card) to possess it or face a UUW. Absolute BS!

FROCK them and this Godforsaken state! I'm moving in the summer someplace where just my license can purchase a firearm or an air rifle and places like Pyramid Air won't blink an eye mailing it to me, as well that I can go out on my property and plink or shoot varmints all damn day long without being harassed!

I digress...

AGBug

Proud member of the National Rifle Association and serving as a two-time enlistee in two branches of the US military (USN/USAF - Currently a USAF Reservist)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:51 am Reply with quote
whm1974
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Quote:
Here, in Illinois--being another reason I am moving from the state--an air rifle over .18 caliber and/or exceeding 700fps is considered a firearm

I just looked at Pyramydair.com shipping Restrictions:

http://www.pyramydair.com/shipping-restrictions;jsessionid=385EAF58BD5791A924181E2A7775BFBA.app02

Quote:
Airguns over .18 caliber (effective July 13, 2012: There is no velocity limit on airguns below .18 caliber, and airsoft guns are no longer considered firearms by the state)

So a few things have changed. And I didn't that know airsoft guns WERE considered firearms by the state.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:59 am Reply with quote
AGBug
Quote:
Airguns over .18 caliber (effective July 13, 2012: There is no velocity limit on airguns below .18 caliber, and airsoft guns are no longer considered firearms by the state).

So a few things have changed. And I didn't that know airsoft guns WERE considered firearms by the state.

Thanks for a little more updated information; I was going off the firearm regulation brochure I downloaded from the state (early 2012). Much appreciated. Well at least I know my .177 magnums are safe...glad I have an updated FOID card for the others Shocked. And yes, airsoft here and some other places--mainly cities/counties/districts--are also against them, mainly if one removes the bright orange end caps, even at a reasonably close distance it is difficult to distinguish them from a real firearm.

Proud member of the National Rifle Association and serving as a two-time enlistee in two branches of the US military (USN/USAF - Currently a USAF Reservist)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:07 am Reply with quote
whm1974
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
You are welcome. Just keep in mind anywhere you move to will it own restrictions. Even if the state doesn't, the city/county might.
Bye Bye to Whispers and what else in Michigan?? 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Clubs/Events/Regional/Political Airgun Issues