Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Hunting, Pest Control, Varminting » Newbie going through rough times needs some advice. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:28 pm Reply with quote
broommaster2000
How about an FX Revolution? It's semi auto and powerfull enough. Mr. Green

Allthough I do not support this statement! Exclamation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Jaxom
Sure, I would love to get a better gun for this. Until such time as I can afford to do so, I'm just going to have to deal with what I have. Same goes for laping the crown on this rifle. My fear is that if I were to take it apart, lap the crown, then go to reassemble and either loose a spring or not get it back together just ring. That leaves me with an accurate door stop, if you catch my drift.

As far as distance goes. I'm baiting my back yard with sunflower seeds. I'll let all the song birds go, but if a rabbit, squirrel, dove/pigeon lands and I'm in position to shoot, I'm gonna take 'em. Mind you this is from a second story window looking down on a yard that's only 25 feet from porch to unattached garage.

If and when I can afford another gun. I'm leaning more towards either the 22xx series of crossmans, or the RS G5. I like all the mods and accessories out there that's around for the 22xx's. Yet at the same time I like how the G5 has a bit more power out of the box, and has had many good reviews. Either way, the point is moot until such time as I get a job and get other more important bills online and on schedule before I can think of buying another gun. I can see how investing the very least on getting a better scope for the 1077 I have now. And just dealing with the poor crowning until I'm in a better positon or have a more reliable backup.

Jax

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:29 pm Reply with quote
2RCHA
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I hear a violin playing in the background,,,,Need a Job?,,Join the Forces!!!

XS B9-1 w/AimPoint CompM2
TAC1 Extreme w/Tasco 3-9x40/Var,. Kit
2240/2289g w/Fitco 3-12x40K-GD
Gamo Recon w/ Fitco 2-7x32k
QB-57Deluxe .22 w/Fitco 2-7x32k

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Jaxom
That would be nice, if I was 20 years younger. But alas I'm too old now, best I can do is support out heroic troops and offer a hand shake whenever or where ever I meet them.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:02 am Reply with quote
yourdaddyjoe
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Good for you Jax!

Out here on the left coast our service men & women are still surprised when I salute them & thank them for a job well done.

They are the ones putting there lives on the line for the freedoms that we all benefit from.

When I here someone cursing at or see them fliping off our service men & women for doing their duty... I just yell back at them "They are the ones protecting your right to voice your opinion".

Last edited by yourdaddyjoe on Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Say "NO" to BB Gun Wars... Quid Pro Quo Rule: An eye for an eye...
www.HPASports.com www.Facebook.com/hpasports

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:06 am Reply with quote
thepaladin
I was discharged in '75. Many of my friends could have used a little of that attitude. God bless our troops.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:16 am Reply with quote
yourdaddyjoe
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I have 3 brothers in 3 different branches of the military. I screwed up my knees in a rock climbing accident back when I was a Boy Scout and was disqualified physically from enlisting. My oldest son is in the Army right now. I have 2 nephews and 1 niece serving.

I have had to come to the conclusion that my duty is to support our troops. That is what I can do for my country.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:12 am Reply with quote
Rogerflat
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
It's one thing to disagree with the war or Bush's choice to put troops over there, but American's should never take that out on the soldiers themselves. I've donated money to send care packages to the soldiers in Iraq eventhough I for the most part disagree with the war. I really just want them all to come home safely at this point.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:35 am Reply with quote
yourdaddyjoe
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I agree sign What he said & a Amen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:02 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Their is much confusion in the world between "soldiers" and "politics".

A few years back I stated that I personally did not support the political decision to go into Iraq- and had to explain and re-explain to (a now former) military wife that this was not an "anti-soldier" or "anti-military" stance- the soldiers do their jobs and should be supported in doing so- but politicians making bad decisions should not.

Far too many people seem to have a problem separating the politics and the guy who has to sling the sh!t at the end of the day. Give the man a shovel, a truck and a rubber suit and let him do his job to the best of his ability, but don't confuse thinking that shoveling that particular pile of sh!t around is a bad decision means the shoveler should not be supported or thanked. Or, on the flipside, that not supporting the idea means that one automatically will allow/push for the soldiers to be ignored, mistreated or insulted.

The 'soldier' is entirely different than the "politics" and I fail to understand how so many people cannot seem to separate the two. Maybe they've never had to do a job they didn't like, I dunno.

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:34 pm Reply with quote
thepaladin
The Soldier

It is the soldier, not the reporter
who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet
who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer
who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier, not the lawyer
who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag,
serves under the flag,
who's coffin is draped by the flag,
who gave the protester the right to burn the flag.

by Father Dennis Edward O'Brian, USMC

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:36 pm Reply with quote
yourdaddyjoe
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
What he said What he said What he said What he said What he said What he said What he said

Can I get an AMEN!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:03 pm Reply with quote
Rogerflat
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
A few years ago I overheard a couple gentlemen talking while I was hiking on a busy trail up the mountain over here. They were just kind of yucking it up and the one guy mentioned that he had served in the military. The other guy was like "Thanks for doing that." Which I thought was a funny thing to say, although a nice token of gratitude. Well, I guess the soldier guy didn't really get a chance to absorb that comment because they both just kind of finished the rest of their conversation and parted ways. One guy went down the hill next to me and the other continued up the hill.

Well after about 20 yards it must have sunk in to the soldier's head and he stopped and turned around and kind of yelled down to the guy, "Hey, thanks for saying that."

I like telling that story because it shows that one subtle thank you really does mean a lot to the people who serve our country and put everything on the line so that the rest of us can continue enjoying all that makes America so great.

(and I realize this applies to other nation's soldiers as well)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:18 pm Reply with quote
2RCHA
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
One thing that I like is the way the average American citizen show's respect for the man(women) in uniform. I was a lifer, 20+ yrs in the army '81-2001, and I swear to God the only time's I was shown any respect in uniform were the time's I was in the US, or Europe. In Canada, only very recently(post 9-11)have the average citizenry started to show any kind of respect, I remember when I first joined up, People giving us dirty look's, calling us fag's,etc. I think that when canadian's see the way that you guy's south of the border treat your soldier's, they feel ashamed into showing some sort of respect....It's a shame he has to be Dead, before he see's it,,This is in direct response to our Highway of Heroe's,,,Don't wait 'til he's in a convoy on the 401, stiff as a board, before showing the respect they deserve. Andy.

XS B9-1 w/AimPoint CompM2
TAC1 Extreme w/Tasco 3-9x40/Var,. Kit
2240/2289g w/Fitco 3-12x40K-GD
Gamo Recon w/ Fitco 2-7x32k
QB-57Deluxe .22 w/Fitco 2-7x32k
OIF Veteran 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:52 pm Reply with quote
Shiek of Dundalk
I just finished a tour in Iraq this past april. Everyone I've come in contact with has been supportive.

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Hunting, Pest Control, Varminting