Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics » best pellets for the money
best pellets for the money 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:36 pm Reply with quote
boomer92266
i have a daisy 901 and am shooting daisy max pointed pellets. i am getting quarter size groups at 20yds and close to that at 30 and smaller at 10. i shoot open sights, and will be using this for hunting squirrel and rabbit. the problem is out of a tin of 250 pellets about 20 or so were deformed, in a way that i felt they shouldn't be shot and i threw them away, is this normal? are they better pellets for hunting out there that aren't too high? i don't want to spend more for pellets than i do for 22lr, but am willing to spend more than what the daisy's are to get better quality. at wal mart crosman premier destroyers are the same price are they better in quality? as a price point 22lr are around $30-$40 for 550rds around here. thanks

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:26 am Reply with quote
birdmove
I've had good luck with Crosman Premier hollow points, and Crosman Hunter pellets. My most accurate air gun is a Crosman Custom Shop CO two carbine, and it loves the Hunter pellets. I tested it for penetration through that gun, and it disappeared into a piece of one by two wood. Used it to take down a wild rooster, and they are hard to kill. With the accuracy of that gun and the power, AI took it down with a brain shot at about 15 yards. It ran about 15 yards and collapsed.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:37 am Reply with quote
Nod
For the money, Crosman Premier Hollow Points are a good deal. So are the Hunters. For a little more $ , RWS pellets shoot well, at least in my guns. I've never had any luck with any Daisy pellet or the Crosman Destroyers you mentioned. I use the CPHP's in both my .177 and .22 for rabbits. Very accurate in both.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:02 pm Reply with quote
donwalk
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
JSB's, H&N/Beeman Barracudas...in springers and PCP rifles.

lots of FPE and accurate to the extreme in many, if not most, cases of long distance shooting.

most of my shooting is at ranges that exceed 20 yards

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:53 am Reply with quote
Mentolio
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
So far, I have found JSB Domed to be the most accurate pellet in all of my guns. They cost a little more than Crosman pellets, and I often find several in any new tin that have deformed skirts (as with any manufacturer, really). I've used Destroyers, and they are fairly accurate within 15 yards, but always have at least one random flier in every group. Also, probably because they are shaped more like a wadcutter than a dome, their accuracy seems to deteriorate much past 15 yards. This has been my experience with Destroyers. I haven't tried the "brown box" Crosman premiers yet, but I find Crosman pellets often, if not always, produce at least one flier in every group. Could be my technique I suppose, but with JSBs I typically get a tight 5 or 10 shot group with NO fliers/stragglers.
Pellets 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:23 pm Reply with quote
T191032
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
"for the money"

RWS or H&N pellets are pretty good. Sure, I've found a couple of "cheaper" varieties like the Crosman Competition Wadcutter shoot well in a couple airgun barrels, and Chinese brand Archer sells, "The Peak" are not to bad either, but the RWS and H&N pellets are a tad better in more airgun barrels than others. At least, thats the one's I've tried. You airgun's barrel(s) may be different. If you can tag 3 of those "daisy max pointed pellets" inside a quarter at 20 yards, you're having better luck with them than I ever had with that particular brand/type. Cool

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:53 pm Reply with quote
DavidSaunders
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
For store baught pellets I have had the best luck with Winchester Pointed 9.68 grain pellets, and these are very inexpencive (I think I paid about $4.00 per tin last time). Overall the best seem to be home cast cylendrical pointed pellets (just play with the OD of the pellet and depth of the "Skirt" until you find what your gun likes) of 16.7 Grain, for my Daisy 880 any way.
RE: Best pellets 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:24 pm Reply with quote
rualert
I have had the best results using the following in this order: JSB, RWS, H&N, Crosman. These have been the best preforming in everything from my Dasiy 853 target rifle, a Gamo Big Cat, many Crosman's, M-Rod, and Airforce Talon SS. The Talon's range from a 12 ft.lb 177 to a 70+ ft.lb 25.

Sure the JSB's and H&N's cost a little more, but when you get out to 40+ yards they are the go to pellet.

Casey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:02 am Reply with quote
hojoos
With the current exchange rate on this service, of course, buy bitcoin with credit card on switchere.com/exchange/buy-bitcoin is profitable, if you expect an increase in the value of bitcoin in the future. I don't like to buy through the terminal. As for me, I have a lot of problems, I refused this method altogether. The best way is through exchangers. The rate can also be viewed here on switchere.com/exchange/buy-bitcoin to find the best option.
best pellets for the money 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics