Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Pistols » Alliance Hobby Two Stage Trigger System - Worth it?
Alliance Hobby Two Stage Trigger System - Worth it? 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:17 pm Reply with quote
DrMLap
I am looking to improve the trigger on my Crosman 2300S. Ebay has a lot of trigger replacements and sear replacements. One is a trigger with a roller bearing where it contacts the sear. But another caught my eye: Alliance Hobby's two stage trigger system. At $100, I need to get other's opinions on this before I risk that kind cash. You can see Alliance's page on this at http://alliancehobby.com/twostage.htm.

Has anyone out there tried this trigger system? Did it significantly improve your trigger pull? Is is worth $100?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:13 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Not worth getting it from a secondary vendor for $100.00

If you are in the US, call Crosman directly and order a trigger group for the Marauder Pistol, part #2220-103 (might be 2220A103 now, I don't recall), the hammer, adjuster and pins from a P-rod, numbers
1763A036
CH2009-023
1700-015
CH2009A009

-price will be lower and you will have the full adjustability of the Marauder Pistol- which the "kit" being sold lacks some of (i.e. the hammer strike adjustment is not part of this kit).

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:35 pm Reply with quote
DrMLap
AirGunEric wrote:

If you are in the US, call Crosman directly and order a trigger group for the Marauder Pistol, part #2220-103 (might be 2220A103 now, I don't recall), the hammer, adjuster and pins from a P-rod...

Thanks, AirGunEric. Your post addresses my question most directly.

However, when I look at the IPB for the P-rod, I am concerned about the hammer and what is called an "Acetal Pin", P/N CH2009-023. The hammer does not appear to have that groove that accommodates the hidden/rear breech screw that is in my 2300S. And I don't see what the Acetal Pin does, or how it would actually fit on the hammer inside the reservoir tube. Does the pin engage the striker somehow?

I asked for a quote from Roy at Mountain Air and he says, "I can mod the hammer for the rear breech screw. Total two stage trigger/hammer assembly runs $78 shipped."

So, do you still think I'm better off ordering these parts from Crosman? Or should I go with Mountain Air Custom Airguns?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:52 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Missed being around, sorry. For $78.00 you can go with the Mountain unit if you want.

The acetal pin has a groove to into in the p-rod hammer- it is effectively a slider to keep the hammer from jamming due to its not-round shape.

I am not clear what you mean by "groove" for the rear breech screw- the hammer in a 2300 (or a 22xx of any sort) doesn't have any sort of groove for the breech screw. The hammer from the p-rod pistol is shaped to take into account the screws and sear. I am betting that Mountain will be sending you the same parts as Crosman will provide, but with a modified 22xx hammer instead of using the p-rod hammer- which will also eliminate its ability to adjust.

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
Alliance Hobby Two Stage Trigger System - Worth it? 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Pistols