Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Pellets/Ammo » .257 cal 101 gr. BBT's - First Run
.257 cal 101 gr. BBT's - First Run 
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 4:13 pm Reply with quote
rsterne
I received my 4-cavity Mould from Al a couple of days ago, and had a chance today to cast the first bullets.... It took me a while to get the right temperature, the long skinny bullets were somewhat wrinkled until I got the mould hot enough.... I did some with 1% tin and some with 2.5%, and I think the higher tin content worked better.... Here is a photo of the mould, in a Lee 6-cavity handle....

This is my first NOE Mould, and I was delighted at the quality.... The bullets dropped at 100.7 gr. in 1% tin and 100.3 gr. in 2.5% tin, and I couldn't measure any difference in size.... The back of the nose ran 0.2575-0.2585" and the driving band about 0.002" larger, just like it was designed.... The center portion measures 0.246", so it shouldn't drag on the lands.... Here is a closeup of some of the 2.5% bullets....

I was pretty picky when I sorted the bullets, and threw about half back into the pot for next time.... but I got enough bullets of each alloy to allow me to test in my Monocoque, once I get the chamber machined.... Here was what I ended up with....

I'm really looking forward to testing these.... They certainly look like they should have a great BC....

Bob

.257 cal 101 gr. BBT's - First Run 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Pellets/Ammo