Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Introduce Yourself » Hello Everone
Hello Everone 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:06 pm Reply with quote
z_carlson92
Just thought I would do a quick introduction now that I am a member here. Well long story short, my name is Zach and I am hunting and fishing enthusiast from northern MN. I got my start with air guns at the age of 6 when my dad got me a Red Ryder BB Gun, but after outgrowing that at the age of 10, I got my first .22 LR and never actually graduated to a real air rifle.

My gun of choice by far is a bow, and I have been hooked on archery since I got my first bow at about the age of 12. That being said, I love deer hunting, and although I am pretty decent with my bow, when it comes to rifles/muzzle-loaders I am not exactly a "marksmen". The main reason for this I think is just that I do not put in enough time/practice with a rifle like I do with my bow (I shoot almost every day of the summer).

That brings me to where I am now, in need of more practice with a rifle. As a college kid, there is no way I can afford to buy ammunition for my deer rifle, and so I think an Air Rifle would be ideal just to get in more practice and learn to shoot a rifle correctly. So for that reason, I have joined this forum in order to learn more about these remarkable weapons, and hopefully find enough information to help me make a good, informed purchase of an air rifle that I can use for years to come!

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and sorry it got so long,
Zach

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:21 pm Reply with quote
NZ Shooter
Suspended
G'day mate from New Zealand.
There are indeed alot of on-to-it, knowledgeable members here.
Please take any advice given as constructive criticism, I have notched up my fair share of 'disagreements' in this forum, but every single word to, and from the members here is all in good spirit..... Well 99.99% of it Mr. Green
One thing you will encounter from a springer, if indeed you decide on one, is they are tricky and sensitive creatures.
Have a good long look around here at the thousands of threads. Some awesome reading I must say so myself.
No questions are too stupid. Hell, ya don't know till ya ask eh??
Mr. Green Mr. Green

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:40 pm Reply with quote
oddtodd
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
I agree with NZ about you wanting a springer to start out with. They are a tricky thing to get used to. How much are you willing to spend? Do you want something just for paper punching or do you want small game too? Questions, questions.. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Jr. Squirreler
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome to the Forum! Thumb Up!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:21 pm Reply with quote
radar
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Welcome!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:53 pm Reply with quote
robert w
hello and welcome . a springer is a good start . i prefer german guns wilrauch-diana . but some like chinese. i do have a benji titan i got from walmart to see what all the clatter was over in the nitro piston and must say i was taken by suprize on the first shot ,but had to get a diffrent trigger now its accurate . and for $149+tax at walmart not bad for a first gun but if a nice used diana 34 shows up used id rather have it .you will get lots of input on this subject

,crosman 400,gamo big cat in .22, diana 5g,diana 54 air king, diana 34 in .22 diana 34 in .177, wilrauch hw-55,and a romainian pioner training rifle , and a huge collection of powder burners 35 last count . 1 would think i have a gun store

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:16 am Reply with quote
Slavia
Hello from southern Minnesota! You say you are a "college kid" - does your school offer any marksmanship training as part of its athletic/phys ed/personal wellness curriculum? You might already have an airgun range available - and perhaps even equipment to try.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:57 pm Reply with quote
thepaladin
Hi and welcome. I myself love springers (yes they're a little hold sensitive but that's a matter of learning and practice). Some don't care for them and I have some more expensive rifles, but to start Crosman makes what I find to be a reliable rifle. Their pumper pistols are exceptional for the cost. It depends on what you're looking for (as noted above).

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Introduce Yourself