Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Antique, Collector and Novelty Airguns » Geco 50
Geco 50 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:19 pm Reply with quote
pa007gs
I have a Geco 50 .177, and would like to know if anyone can enlighten me as to its histiory, It has Germany stamped on it has a tap loading system and is an under lever cocker, i was told that maybe rws was selling them, rifle has to be over 20 yrs old, shoots very accuratly at about 700 fps with cp's
any info wuold be appreciated

Jerry

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:50 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Geco was bought out by Dynamit Nobel in 1959. I believe they were a remarketer of Diana products, but in any event, Dynamit Nobel is a part of Mayer and Grammelspacher- i.e. Dianawerks Airguns, still in Germany.

Apparently, like virtually everything Diana has bought up/accumulated over the years, they kept the numeric model scheme going. Your "50" should be the same gun as a Diana Model 50- which was discontinued in 1965 or thereabouts. According to data on it, it had 5 different variations. If you have one with the Geco name on it, it is likely one of the first two versions, both of which had a fixed-post/blade type front sight (instead of a hooded sight). They are not terribly valuable apparently- maybe $200 in great condition.

And, Welcome to AirGunHome.com!

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
Geco 50 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:03 am Reply with quote
pa007gs
Thanks Eric, when I bought the gun from Roz Sumpter way back whenever, I paid extra for match sights, don't think it had any when he got it, i have just shot it occasionally, and kept it clean and oiled, it is a beaut, Roz retired to Tenn. and i beleive he host a twice monthly FT Shoot at his place, I just read he has 3 national titles, I am going to call him tommorow , would like to see his face when he answers.
Love that gun
Jerry
Could you describe the stock and cocking lever on your 50? 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:29 am Reply with quote
RedFeather
I have a Diana 50E from the 1950's. The 50 series went through some design changes over the years. I believe they were made up until the 80's. For example, the Winchester-branded "450" was sold in the late 60's. Earlier guns like mine have a solid cocking lever with a slight schnabel forearm tip. Later ones have a stamped lever, some extending beyond the stock. At the end they were even parkerized and look like military trainers.

These guns have leather seals. It's a good idea to get some pure silicone oil (a hobby shop is a good source) and put a few drops into the loading port, then stand it on it's butt for a while to keep the seal pliable.

Not great powerhouses but definetly classy old guns.
Geco 50 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Antique, Collector and Novelty Airguns