Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Picture Gallery » Tanfoglio Gold Custom Blowback
Tanfoglio Gold Custom Blowback 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:08 am Reply with quote
oddtodd
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
YEp, I'm finally posing since Slavia did. lol I finally broke down and bought my dream pistol. It's a Tanfoglio gold custom Eric Grauffel edition blowback action air pistol. It's for IPSC competition which is very popular in my area. I plan on shooting competition this summer and this is the perfect pistol for it. A few facts before I get into the pics. I've gotten out the chronograph twice just to test what it says on the box and this pistol is CO2 and it is actually regulated. At 60 degrees, you only get 20 shots out of a CO2 cartridge, but they are average 341 for a 20 shot string. At 73 you get 60, and they average 348 for a 20 shot string. So no compensating for cold or hot CO2 in the sights. You set it and forget it.

It has spin-up just like a airsoft gun, and it really makes a difference, I can keep it under 1" at 25 ft which is themax range of IPSC action air. Since I am shooting clay shotgun pigeons, I think I can do pretty good. It doesn't come with a sight, Just a weaver rail, so I put a CP Tactical on it. I like the 4 different reticule options and 2 colors depending on the day conditions, because the green really stands out against the black clay pigeons.

It's favorite ammo is the the plain Daisy BB's You buy at walmart. It doesn't feed copperheads very well, and the accuracy is abysmal with avanti ground bb's. I think they are too smooth for the hop-up to get a purchase on. I was getting flyers left and right with those.

I bought an extra clip since the long courses are up to 32 shots and that gives me 40. I may buy another one yet. THey are expensive at 50 apiece but that's because they have the regulator and the valve built into them.

THe trigger is so sweet! no grinding, no long pull, just bring it back until it breaks like glass.

A few of the things I don't like:
It's impossible to find a holster for in the united states! I'm going to have to make my own out of leather or kydex. Lucky I have a leather supply store nearby. I'd rather have a storebought one though. I'd like to have some of the ones I've seen on opticsplanet, but I've heard their customer service sucks.

The safety isn't positive enough. It's a flip up lever and it's large and disengages easily. Too easily. It wouldn't be a big deal if you could leave the hammer down, but it's a single action pistol. THe hammer down opens the valve. Opening the valve cycles the gun. This pistol is made for competition only, not for plinking , which just means I have to be extra vigilant on my trigger discipline.

Now on to the pics!
Sorry for the lousy quality, but I tremble when I try to take pics anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:53 am Reply with quote
Slavia
Very nice! Would it be correct that the regulator keeps velocity constant during a long, rapid-fire shot string?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:59 am Reply with quote
oddtodd
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Ive shot it as fast as my chrony can handle it, and only got 7 fps difference between first and last in a 20 shot string. is that what you are asking? lol and that was at 60 degrees!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:32 pm Reply with quote
BravoDeltaII
All I can say is that...that is one sharp looking pistol!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:51 am Reply with quote
oddtodd
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
UPDATE! THis pistol is an ungodly can and clay pigeon killer!!!! I can go throug a clip of 20 in less than 5 seconds and not miss once! If you buy only one sight for killing cans this summer make it the CP tactical reflex. put the can in the circle, pull the trigger and go to the next while that can is fallingl I was able to keep a can in the air for four shots! THat sight is unreal! It's no good for precision target unless you switch it to the single red dot, but this thing was designed for killing pigeons and cans. I am actually going to enter this months competition with this pistol and the single red dot setting on this sight. It has four settings. THe cross hairs are okay, but the croshair/circle combo might be good for hunting, but this pistol will neveer be used for that unless it's hornets off the pop cans. lol
Seriously, if you jave a repeater pistol or rifle with a weaver mount, buy this sight. you won't regret it.

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Picture Gallery