Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Optics » Center-point 74253 on a crosman 760b?
Center-point 74253 on a crosman 760b? 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:37 pm Reply with quote
wayneclea
I recently bought a center-point model 74253 laser and flashlight. I have not opened the package yet. My question is, will it fit in place of the scope on my Crosman 760b rifle? It looks like it might be too wide, and I can take it back easily if I don't open the package. I find no info regarding its fit.
It says Weaver style mount, does not specify width of the mount. Manual from online is no bloody help, as it says nothing about what it will or won't fit.
Wal Mart had no charts either, and I doubt their help would really know.
The scope still works fairly well, but is hard for me to adjust and sight in well, as my eyes are not what they used to be. the laser sight would be easy for me. I need better accuracy for pest control. Rifle still works as well as it did when I bought it in 98 or so.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:09 am Reply with quote
oddtodd
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
It won't fit without an adapter Wayne. A 760 is 3/8 dovetail. That stupid weaver bullsh!t is for paintball or some rifles that look military style like those dumb airsoft that you can't even knock a pop can over with. It would fit the new m4-177, but like you said you have a perfectly good 760b. Take it back. Do you have a scope on there already? if so, This is a good replacement. Parallax is only set at 30 yards so you will get a good sight picture. If you have the stock scope on there this is about 5-6 times as good.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/CenterPoint-4X32-Scope/10710686

It's site to store so it will take you a few days to get it.

Why do you want the laser-flashlight? From personal experience only the green lasers are good for anything in the daytime and they still ain't much. I'm old school. I prefer a good cheek weld and a set of cross hairs. Now I have lasers on 2 of my pistols and I love it on them, but not on a rifle.

Now if you want an excuse to buy an new air rifle, look at this baby:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Crosman-Tactical-.177-Air-Rifle/19426351

It's ALL weaver. I want one but I haven't saved up the money yet. Either that or I want this one:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Crosman-M4-177-Rifle-Kit-Black/19866093

I like the tactical better though.

Now that I've given you enough options to confuse you, have fun! lol

Oddtodd out

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:28 am Reply with quote
wayneclea
Well, I often have the need for night shooting. We have coyotes that come into town,a s well as far too many dogs running loose that get into things and are very destructive.
i have sheep, goats and donkeys, though I think few dogs would survive if they managed to get into the donkeys pen. Even the goats can get tough at times. My smallest doe butted my GSD mix one time for trying to herd her kids. And she is hornless, having been disbudded. My ram might well also ram any dog that managed to get into the pen.
I manage fair with the scope in daylight, though I should recheck the aim on it. I hesitate to use my old 25/20 here in town, so opt for well placed BB's I should either find the pellets i have, or buy more. Might get a bit more zing.
I actually have a second scope that i found on the lot behind my sisters in nevada one time. About the same as the one that came with my old 760, so that gives me a spare scope.
I would like a repeater, which is why I bought the P10. I can have it loaded and ready if needed for close up.
But I note that the 760 have a better velocity on 10 pumps than the CO/2 rifles seem to have.
I'll add that my right eye has a blind area, and that makes it harder to aim, even with the scope. Where a laser would be easier.
I will just return the one I bought, do not feel like trying to make a modified mount...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:04 pm Reply with quote
oddtodd
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Wayne' I found this:

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/BKL_2_Pc_3_8_or_11mm_Dovetail_to_Weaver_Adapter_1_Long_Matte_Black/2922

It will adapt it, but it's 28 bucks plus shipping. I don't know if you are willing to spend that. Let me look some more on here to see what I can find you, okay? There's gotta be something. You are wanting the laser only for night right?

How about this? It mounts on your scope.

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/BSA_Varmint_Hunter_Precision_Laser_Sight_Light/1046

I know how CO2 rifles don't have as much FPS. That's why my co2 hunting gun is .22. I can tkae down starlings and squirrels all day long with them.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:28 am Reply with quote
wayneclea
oddtodd wrote:
Wayne' I found this:

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/BKL_2_Pc_3_8_or_11mm_Dovetail_to_Weaver_Adapter_1_Long_Matte_Black/2922

It will adapt it, but it's 28 bucks plus shipping. I don't know if you are willing to spend that. Let me look some more on here to see what I can find you, okay? There's gotta be something. You are wanting the laser only for night right?

How about this? It mounts on your scope.

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/BSA_Varmint_Hunter_Precision_Laser_Sight_Light/1046

I know how CO2 rifles don't have as much FPS. That's why my co2 hunting gun is .22. I can tkae down starlings and squirrels all day long with them.

the second looks good. Though would be nice if the flashlight had a red filter like the centerpoint.
yes, mainly for night use.
the P10 pistol has a mount for a laser, but it is a shorter unit, and I don't see those on the Crosman web site. odd...
Plus it would only work as a deterrent, not potent enough to do the damage that even the 760 is capable of.
I'm limited on shopping, due to the distances, time and fuel costs.
the 760 has taken down rabbits and pigeons. matter of fact, I first used it on pigeons where I used to live. The dog I had took care of stray woodchucks... In Cal, he claimed that the gophers were midget woodchucks, and needed to be repaired.
Center-point 74253 on a crosman 760b? 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Optics