Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Pistols » WELL, Peru ended badly. -Project Time
WELL, Peru ended badly. -Project Time 
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:47 pm Reply with quote
toadmyster223
Found out the little lady had been chatting up some other fellows quite smartly for a number of months.... had quite the falling out, and came home post-haste!

Sooooo... here I am. Just got home today. Got some free time! Can't afford the M-rod I want yet.

My mom cleaned up my room a little, found a crappy old break barrel .177 pistol. I'll upload photos once I get my phone reactivated, but basically, its a nondescript springer. It seems to shoot fairly consistently but the sites are about unusable, and the trigger makes certain that any effort you made in aiming is wasted. The stock is cracked, I'm gonna take it off and carve a new one. I am certain I can do that. I'm wondering if I take it apart completely if I can put it back together. If I can't I haven't really lost anything, right?

http://cdn100.iofferphoto.com/img3/item/539/014/470/l_177-caliber-4-5mm-break-barrel-air-pellet-pistol-3e08.jpg

I googled "177 break barrel pistol" and found this little photo. It doesn't match my gun exactly but it is about the same thing. Anyone got any advice? I want to fiddle with the trigger and work on the internals if I can!

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:59 am Reply with quote
toadmyster223
Grinding to a halt it seems, as the housing for the trigger assembly is welded onto the main tube, with everything more or less rivoted together. There are 2 screws I can remove that look as if they will release the spring, I am about to give that a try now. Not sure if I'll ever make it to the trigger or not...

Those 2 screws didn't release anything but the barrel, but it still doesn't come completely off as the cocking arm doesn't come loose from the guides in the thing above the trigger (sorry for these high-technical terms :P ). I don't think I can do much more on this gun unless I were a machinist like a lot of you guys. Oh well...

The spring at the rear of the trigger assembly was kinked, I am going to see if I can't cram another in there and maybe shorten up the take, if nothing else.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 1:48 am Reply with quote
toadmyster223
Given the resounding lack of response, would a mod move this to the pistol or modification forum?

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:07 am Reply with quote
radar
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Welcome home!
Get yourself a good lady in a free country--right here. Mr. Green

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:16 am Reply with quote
toadmyster223
I've tried a couple girls from this country, and I tell you what, I'm still sticking with foreign ones. Just not the one I had, lol. The situation is way better there: here I might land myself a 6 or 7 if I'm lucky- In Peru, however, 9s and 10s are well within reason. The girl I had was high 7 or 8, and I thought she was high-class enough to never do what she did to me. She said she had her reasons, so whatever. Peru is awesome, the weather is awesome, the economy is booming, and gun legality is progressing. Keep in mind I could have had gotten a pellet gun there, just didn't have the dough.

But thanks for the welcome home Radar Smile Mr. Green

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:03 am Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
There you go! Good luck with the mod.

Al

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 2:33 pm Reply with quote
toadmyster223
Lol, the mod that is going nowhere. I think I'm gonna carve a full size stock for my Marlin Cowboy bb gun, instead.

I can't figure out anything I can do to this pistol. Everything really is welded and riveted together at the point I got to.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 4:53 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
I hear you there, Toadster, I got myself a fine specimen of the Mexican persuasion, though not because I really want to live in Mexico necesserily. Apart form a few kinks I like it just fine here, but I like to think I can make myself at home anywhere. Razz

I also hear you on the pistol. I used to have something similar (A RO 71 or 72 or something) which was extremely unimpressive, bot in assembly as in performance. 229.65 FPS. :p

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Pistols