Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics » My next purchase
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
My next purchase 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:13 pm Reply with quote
lampy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 04 Aug 2012
Posts: 297
Location: South Dakota
My main shooter right now is a Daisy 853 and I'm very happy with it but lately I've been thinking about getting a .177 Benji Disco. 99% of the time I shoot indoors in my basement, 10 yard bench rest. If needed I want to be able to dispatch small pests but it's main purpose will be 10 yard bench rest. I like the dual fuel option on the Disco and will probably run on CO2 for most of my shooting. I will play with the HPA of course Smile
Is the Disco able to stay inside a 1/4" bullseye at 10 yards? Mods are no problem and I look forward to tweaking any new purchase.... Thoughts and opinions on the Disco are appreciated.

_________________
Too many projects to list.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:00 am Reply with quote
oddtodd
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 30 Dec 2008
Posts: 2029
Location: Richmond, IN USA
Discos are dead nuts accurate. I had one, but I sold it because i was hurting for money. don't get the crosman pump though. It's a POS. Get a hillman pump. It will last you forever.

_________________
Airguns: Two starlings talking "Larry, did you hear that? Larry?? LARRY!!!!"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:51 pm Reply with quote
lampy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 04 Aug 2012
Posts: 297
Location: South Dakota
The Disco arrived last week Very Happy Started leaking out the barrel 3 days later Crying or Very sad It is on it's way back to Crosman for repairs. It took all my self control to not open it up and fix it myself.

_________________
Too many projects to list.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:31 pm Reply with quote
toadmyster223
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 20 Mar 2012
Posts: 501
Location: Fayette Nam, PA
Bummer man. I hope I get a good Marauder my first try
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:43 am Reply with quote
lampy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 04 Aug 2012
Posts: 297
Location: South Dakota
I was a little disappointed with the Disco. The fact that it started leaking right away doesn't really bother me, those things happen. Crosman was on the ball as usual and I had a shipping authorization in my email within minutes of talking to them.
There were other issues, pellets didn't load well. CPHP were the worst, not a big deal as they didn't group well anyway (1 inch group at 10 yards). I did try six different pellets. JSB Exact showed some promise with a 5 shot group making a ragged hole. When I tried a 10 shot group it opened up to where I couldn't cover the group with a dime. Every pellet I tried did pretty much the same thing, 2 or three pellets would stack or at least clover leaf then it would start throwing pellets out side that group. I just didn't get that warm fuzzy feeling that this Disco was going to be a tack driver.
I described the problems I was having in a note included with the returned Disco and will see what happens. I realize the Disco is an entry level PCP but I was expecting a little more from it, hopefully it comes back from Crosman with all my issues resolved.

_________________
Too many projects to list.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:51 am Reply with quote
oddtodd
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 30 Dec 2008
Posts: 2029
Location: Richmond, IN USA
a bad valve will cause this which you obviously had. i had to recrown mine.

_________________
Airguns: Two starlings talking "Larry, did you hear that? Larry?? LARRY!!!!"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:11 pm Reply with quote
lampy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 04 Aug 2012
Posts: 297
Location: South Dakota
It was definitely a problem with the valve, and I'm surprised I was able to control myself and not open it up. If it wasn't for the other issues I probably would have torn it apart right then. Since it was only 3 days old and had less than 100 pellets through it I thought it should go back to Crosman.

_________________
Too many projects to list.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Slavia
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2008
Posts: 4382
Location: Waseca, Minnesota, USA
You were probably right to involve Crosman, but it's still disappointing. Hopefully the end result will make the hassle just a dim memory.

_________________
¡Listo! ¡Apunte! ¡Fuego!
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:56 pm Reply with quote
lampy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 04 Aug 2012
Posts: 297
Location: South Dakota
There are just to many people praising the Disco for me to give up on it. I plan on doing some mods to it but I would like to shoot it for a while before I tear into it. Maybe even wait until it is out of warranty until I really go crazy on it.

_________________
Too many projects to list.
View user's profile Send private message
My next purchase 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.