Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Picture Gallery » Brothers in arms
Brothers in arms 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:35 am Reply with quote
Big Ern
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Got the AIR17 ready to go finally. I had to get real creative on this one guys... I got the gun with a broken/missing barrel band which was also the front sight. They drilled two holes through the carry handle to solve that problem >Sad/Cry The rear sight was also missing and they made another ragged hole on the carry handle for what reason I don't know.

Now the good news. It fires great and has zero rust. The gun came in a 1980s hard case and looks like it's been in there for a long time. I changed the piston seal and cleaned it up inside real good. The gun looks brand new inside and the stock only has a few minor scratches. Here it is with it's brother the M417.

Smoothed out the holes on the handle that were used as the sights. Also put a rubber grommet on the other hole they made on the handle and modified a 1377 rear sight as a replacement.

Used the M417 front sight on a universal quad mount. Used 10 7/16" ID X 5/8" OD orings on the barrel for the mount to fit the skinny Crosman barrel. It worked perfectly! Also mounted a Mellon brake at the end.

Added a cheek rest and a 1" sling.

Used velcro straps as barrel bands to secure the barrel and they double as buffers for the pump arm noise. Don't laugh these things are incredibly tight!

Brothers in arms.

Even after lowering the front sight all the way down it still was shooting too low so I need to raise the rear sight up some more and I'm moving the front sight forward on the Weaver rail. The cheek rest needs to go back a bit too. After I modify the rear sight I'll try again to get it sighted in. What a cool little plinker this is, one easy pump and shoot. This will be a great can killer!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:50 am Reply with quote
mod90
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Great work Ern. They both look excellent. Even though the AIR17 is a bit too long for my personal preference, watching yours makes me want one Smile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:45 pm Reply with quote
ZipSnipe
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
They look good but man I bet they would look real sexy with that desert tan paint that you used on the other guns, maybe not solid tan but mixed up look would be sweet, Good Job Ern !!!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Big Ern
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
mod90 wrote:
Great work Ern. They both look excellent. Even though the AIR17 is a bit too long for my personal preference, watching yours makes me want one Smile

Thanks mod! The AIR17 looks long because of the 4.5" Mellon brake. Now that you mentioned it, I was kinda thinking the same thing. I will put the original one back on for now but a small Muzzle Mack brake would hit the spot!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Big Ern
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
ZipSnipe wrote:
They look good but man I bet they would look real sexy with that desert tan paint that you used on the other guns, maybe not solid tan but mixed up look would be sweet, Good Job Ern !!!!

Thank you Zip! Yeah they made a black and tan M417 already, they are sweet!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:43 pm Reply with quote
robert w
lookin good

,crosman 400,gamo big cat in .22, diana 5g,diana 54 air king, diana 34 in .22 diana 34 in .177, wilrauch hw-55,and a romainian pioner training rifle , and a huge collection of powder burners 35 last count . 1 would think i have a gun store

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:36 am Reply with quote
Big Ern
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
robert w wrote:
lookin good

Thanks robert w!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:48 am Reply with quote
AirShooter2012
Great work!!!

Brothers in arms 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Picture Gallery