Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Picture Gallery » 2260 HPA Repeater
2260 HPA Repeater 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:36 pm Reply with quote
rsterne
I've finished up my 2260 HPA with the reversed tank.... The final touch was a DAQ walnut stock for a QB that I altered to fit the 2260 trigger group and shortened to miss the tank.... It is finished with 6 coats of Watco Danish Oil, sanded progressively to end with 600 grit, and then a coat of Minwax.... It turned out to have a beautiful tigerstripe in the grain on the cheekpiece, an unexpected bonus.... I added a Pachmayr buttpad for protection and to lengthen the pull slightly.... The scope is a Leapers 3-9 x 32 AO MilDot.... The gun weighs 7 lbs. 2 oz. all up....

I fitted a prototype breech I designed that uses a 10-shot MRod clip.... It is designed to accept a full length 3/4" OD shroud.... I have a similar breech on my Grouse Gun that uses an 8-shot PRod clip.... The tank block I machined from aluminum, and it has a 3-slot Picatinny rail on the bottom for a BiPod or other accessories, and incorporates a barrel band on the top.... The Power adjuster screw is hollow, and the hammer is fitted with a spring guide that protrudes when the gun is cocked.... That guide serves three purposes, it adds mass to the hammer, keeps the spring straight, and acts as a cocking indicator.... The gun shoots as good as it looks.... I`m getting 45 shots at 36 FPE from 1700 psi on the 13 CI tank, which works out to 1.06 FPE/CI....

I finally received my 3000 psi gauges (200 psi increments) from China, and fitted one to the 13 CI tank in place of the stock 6K gauge.... Compared to the larger gauge (100 psi increments) on my tank yoke (which reads the same as the one on my pump), this mini gauge reads exactly the same from 1000 psi to 2500, and then a bit of error creeps in, it reads a bit high at a 3000 psi fill.... That doesn`t really matter, as I fill using the gauge on my tank.... The regulator setpoint is 1600 psi, and I can shoot down to 1300, although four 10-shot clips leaves me at 1500 so that`s a good place to refill as the velocity hasn`t started to drop off yet....

This isn't so much a new build as a rebuild of the rifle I used to collect about 100 ground squirrels this past spring, so I already know how it shoots.... All I can say is.... lookout next year.... Mr. Green

Bob

Last edited by rsterne on Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:58 pm Reply with quote
robert w
wow very nice job you did there.looks like fun ahead

,crosman 400,gamo big cat in .22, diana 5g,diana 54 air king, diana 34 in .22 diana 34 in .177, wilrauch hw-55,and a romainian pioner training rifle , and a huge collection of powder burners 35 last count . 1 would think i have a gun store

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Slavia
I like the wood finish. How did you apply the oil, and how long does it take to cure? Did you do any wet sanding to fill the pores?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:15 pm Reply with quote
rsterne
1 coat per day.... Paint it on, and let the first coat soak in a couple of hours, basting with more oil every 20 min (ie keep it wet for 2 hours).... Wet sand with 220 and wipe dry.... Wipe again in 30 min, and then every hour until no more oil comes out of the pores.... Allow to dry at least 24 hours.... Second coat, allow to soak in 1 hour, basting every 20 min, sand and wipe as above.... Third & fourth coats, allow to soak in 30 min, sand with 400 grit, wipe as above.... fifth and sixth coats, allow to soak in 20 min, sand with 600 grit, wipe as above.... You can continue with 800-1200 grit, 1 coat each, or just use Minwax for a bit more gloss....

Bob

2260 HPA Repeater 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Picture Gallery