Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Hunting, Pest Control, Varminting » Limited Out on Ruffies
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
Limited Out on Ruffies 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:42 pm Reply with quote
rsterne
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 15 Jan 2008
Posts: 2998
Location: Coalmont, BC
Went out this afternoon for just over an hour just across the river.... We saw a total of 9, shot at 5 and got all 5.... 4 headshots and one at the base of the neck as he was facing away.... They were all Ruffed Grouse, two adults, two decent size youngsters, and one that was the smallest I've ever shot.... I'm guessing he was either hatched late, or possibly from a second brood....



Molly did a great job again today, although a couple she dropped on the side of the road near me and took off into the bush to chase more.... When I clean them, I do the "step on the wings and pull up on the feet" to separate the breast from the rest.... Cut off the wings, wash them up, bag them and freeze them....



I haven't shot my limit in a day for two years, so it was quite a treat.... especially to do it in just over an hour....

Bob

_________________
Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
Airsonal: Too many to count!
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:38 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
Whaaat? Bob is collecting Rufi's???

Does his wife know about this?


j/k


Nice shooting.

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Limited Out on Ruffies 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Hunting, Pest Control, Varminting
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.