Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Hunting, Pest Control, Varminting » Got One, Lost One
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
Got One, Lost One 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:11 pm Reply with quote
rsterne
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 15 Jan 2008
Posts: 2998
Location: Coalmont, BC
Put 72 km. on the Rhino today, looking for Grouse.... We saw four Ruffed Grouse, and I got two solid hits, but only recovered one bird, a beautiful large male Ruffie.... The other one, I saw the feathers fly (aiming for the head at about 25 yards), and the bird took off, flying along the road around the corner, with us in hot pursuit.... My eagle-eyed wife spotted the bird in a conifer about 20 feet up, but before I could take a second shot, the bird fell out of the tree, flapping madly, hitting the ground beside it, behind a bush.... I sent in Molly, she made a couple of zig-zags and then zeroed in on the base of the tree.... Nothing!.... She started searching, nose to the ground, and my wife and I joined in, but in spite of about 10 minutes of scouring the area, we all came up dry....

I sooooooooo hate it when I know a bird is down for the count but I don't recover it.... I know it's part of hunting, but it still saddens me.... I figure the least I can do is honour the bird by chalking it up as one of the five I'm allowed for the day, even though I have nothing to show for it....

Bob

_________________
Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
Airsonal: Too many to count!
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:24 am Reply with quote
jlwilliams
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 02 Oct 2009
Posts: 264
Location: Jacksonville, NC USA
It's not a good feeling. It's part of hunting, sometimes you lose one. That doesn't make it feel any better, but it just is what it is.
View user's profile Send private message
Got One, Lost One 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Hunting, Pest Control, Varminting
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.