 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | Pointed pellets - Hunting experience |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:19 pm |
|
|
| Basher |
| New Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 24 Jul 2012 |
| Posts: 5 |
|
|
|
 |
When I was out shopping a week a go I bought 2 tins of Stoeger X-Hunt Pointed pellets .177 for my Stoeger X20. I knowed that pointed pellets werent the best for hunting, but I wanted to try the pellets out for some target shooting. But after spending a afternoon in the woods I ended up with
two dead sparrows ,shot with the X-hunt pointed pellets.
Both shot in the head, both dropped like rocks.
On one of them I couldnt find the exit hole,
didnt look so close either. On the other one the pellet had went through.
So I got more comfortable with the X-hunt, I got more comfortable with pointed pellets overall. Untill one night. So far I had only killed sparrows with
the X-Hunt pellets. I saw a big fat starling, the biggest I ever seen.
I aimed and shot, but he didnt drop. Were´nt sure if I even hit him at the time.
The starling just jumped away to the next twig. My friend took the second shot with his Diana Phanter 21, using Stoeger X-Sport flathead pellets.
And the bird dropped.
And of course, the pointed X-hunt pellet had just went straight through with minimal damage.
Overpenetration.
Just wanted to share this story.
(Sorry for bad english) |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.
|