Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics » Which QB to buy for future PCP conversion
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
Which QB to buy for future PCP conversion 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:30 pm Reply with quote
garththomas
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 12 Jan 2012
Posts: 165
Location: Ontario, Canada
I would like to get a QB78 or 79 and I am thinking that in the future I would convert it to PCP. Would it make more sense to get the 79 since it already uses a bottle. The reason I ask is I like the looks of the 78 more.

_________________
QB57
Backyard Sweeper
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:42 pm Reply with quote
rsterne
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 15 Jan 2008
Posts: 2998
Location: Coalmont, BC
It depends on how much power you are after.... The 79 is fine for most applications.... If you are power hungry, you can get more out of a 78.... Check out this thread for more information....

http://airgunhome.com/agforum/viewtopic.php?t=7674

HTHs....

Bob

_________________
Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
Airsonal: Too many to count!
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:06 pm Reply with quote
garththomas
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 12 Jan 2012
Posts: 165
Location: Ontario, Canada
Thanks, Embarassed its funny I had read that post but only half heartedly because I never thought I would want to go that way. However Mr. Green I have recently seen and read about some really successful and productive QB conversions that are being used for hunting and FT. I have saved your post for the future

_________________
QB57
Backyard Sweeper
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:11 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
The QB79, attach a 1500psi output HPA 13ci bottle and you are off to the races, "cheap and dirty" as it were.

But as Bob points out- the ultimately better setup is the modified 78.

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:18 am Reply with quote
rsterne
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 15 Jan 2008
Posts: 2998
Location: Coalmont, BC
I guess I should have made that clearer.... Doing as Eric suggests with a QB79 will give you about Disco performance with just some port work.... If you open up the inlet side of the valve, you will have more performance than a Disco and more shots as well....

Bob

_________________
Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
Airsonal: Too many to count!
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Remtom1200
Member
Member
Joined: 02 Jan 2012
Posts: 53
I liked the looks of the qb78 Deluxe and I am power hungry at times, so I did the conversion and no regrets.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:03 pm Reply with quote
garththomas
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 12 Jan 2012
Posts: 165
Location: Ontario, Canada
Thats a mighty fine looking QB.

_________________
QB57
Backyard Sweeper
View user's profile Send private message
Which QB to buy for future PCP conversion 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.