Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics » Smart A** Gets Punked. Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
Smart A** Gets Punked. 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:22 am Reply with quote
NZ Shooter
Suspended
Joined: 17 Dec 2011
Posts: 146
Location: Dunedin, New Zealand
Don't you love it when people who mock airguns are made to feel like complete to**ers ??

My friend came around only a few hours ago,with a mate of his I'd never met. And here we were, sitting in the summer sun, when Chris ( my friend ) asks if I'd been rabbit shooting recently.
I hadn't been, so the conversation ( I thought ) was over.
Well....... enter whom I shall call Mr. X. ( Chris's friend )

Mr. X - " Cool man, I've been shooting rabbits for years up on my cousins' farm , What do you use? "

Me - " I have got a Webley Patriot .22 "

Mr. X. - " Oh, I've never heard of that model before, who makes that ?
I have a Savage Arms .22 rimfire. "

Me - "Yeap, I Know of Savage, but mine is an air rifle"

*** Cue the 'HaHa, you must be a joking' expression, From Mr . X ***

Mr. X. - "Ah, right, a BB gun, they would just bounce off rabbits, do you
trap them first, then put one in their head, point-blank? ""

Me - "No, my AIR RIFLE is capable of long range kills, it's not a BB gun,
it cost more than your Savage, it killed a rabbit at a lasered 127
metres. It seems as if you think of air rifles as toys, come look at
it, and you'll see what I'm on about"

*** Cue the sarcastic glance from X to Chris. X follows me in, I retrieve
the Patriot from it's stand. X, with his comparitivly lightweight Savage, reaches out with one hand to grab the stock. X then almost drops my baby, expecting it ( because it's a 'toy' ) to be a featherweight, he then quickly added his second hand to support the gun, just before it tipped onto the carpet. ***

Mr. X. - "Holy mother of Jesus this is heavy, must weigh twice as much
as my gun.

Me - " At least "

Mr. X. - "This is big, so what did you say it could do ?"

Me - " If you have the skills, over 100 metre kills on small game, almost
as far as your rimfire, want a shot out back? "

Mr. X. - "Cool, lets go"

*** The now subdued ,sarcastic X , must know a little, he goes to break
barrell, HE CAN'T Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation I grab it, break it with my fine-tuned
tecnique, hand it back after slotting a slug in. X then goes to cock it
HE TRIED 3 TIMES Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Then shoots almost a foot off the
paper at 25 metres Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation I grab the gun, and pin the very
centre of the bullseye.

Mr. X - " Jesus that kicks hard, I can see how you would kill so far out,
look at the backing plate, you've dented 5 millimetre steel "

Me - "Yeah told ya it's not a toy, eh.

*** X looks very sheepish. Oh and did I mention, all this took place right
infront of 3 girls, who heard and saw everything Exclamation

So to you, Mr. X, RazzDouble Owned Faq-U

_________________
Webley Patriot .22 @ 28 fpe
Nikko MountMaster 4x40 AO
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:12 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
I own a Savage .22 rimfire in stainless steel, and it's predecessor, the Cooey Model 64 (which became the Winchester Model 64, then the Savage- all being built in the same factory since the early 1960s). They are cheap, light and ok for general shooting- but hardly a masterpiece or advanced technology. My point being that it is, relatively speaking, a toy unto itself. I also firmly believe that anyone who masters a springer deserves far more respect than a guy with a rimfire/centrefire as the skill levels required for accurate shooting, in my opinion at least, are leagues apart.

But, I get that sh!t too- alot of the hunting crowd in my area, and when I mention 'airguns' you can either see the eyes starting to roll, or the usual comment of "oh yeah, I had a BB gun as a kid". 'F#ck! Get educated' is what I'm usually thinking when this occurs.

And now that I've likely offended every dedicated firearm owner who doesn't shoot airguns, I think I'll wander off...

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:46 am Reply with quote
NZ Shooter
Suspended
Joined: 17 Dec 2011
Posts: 146
Location: Dunedin, New Zealand
Exactly as you said, get educated. It annoys the living s**t outta me too.
And good call on the leages apart thing. I'm yet to meet a powder user who can shoot an air rifle properly, thinking that because they are hotshit behind a burner, they can pin a ragged hole with an air rifle. And I too believe an air rifle user is a more focused shooter. Not only do we have the basic similarities (as burners) to deal with, but there is alot more going through our heads before that sear is released. And we all know what I mean.

_________________
Webley Patriot .22 @ 28 fpe
Nikko MountMaster 4x40 AO
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:38 am Reply with quote
Slavia
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2008
Posts: 4382
Location: Waseca, Minnesota, USA
Last fall I got to the range, and there were two 20-somethings with tricked out AR's (i.e., expensive). While I banged away on a pot lid at 100 yards with a G1 they were having trouble getting on paper at 25 yards. Then a young woman came and proceeded to make soup cans dance at 100 yards with a pink Ruger 10-22. (It had a really cool pink Hogue overmoulded rubber stock, and she was proud of it.)

So here we have the old geezer with his "BB gun," and a little girl with a pink rifle - both outshooting the testosterone-powered hotshots. I think there was substantial shrinkage, because they packed up and left.

Luciano Pavarotti is reported to have said that if your passions carry you to a place nobody else understands, then you are in the right place.

_________________
¡Listo! ¡Apunte! ¡Fuego!
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:06 am Reply with quote
radar
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 13 Nov 2011
Posts: 1138
Location: Des Moines, Iowa, USA
Good on ya, NZ. Take that boy to school.

Slavia wrote:
Last fall I got to the range, and there were two 20-somethings with tricked out AR's (i.e., expensive). While I banged away on a pot lid at 100 yards with a G1 they were having trouble getting on paper at 25 yards.


Too familiar. You can't write a check for skill.
Vaguely reminds me of the mentality that brought more than one leechback to a local import car show a few years ago. They were quite proud of their newly purchased Jaguars. All bone stock. I'm thinking WFT? You wrote a check? Big deal. Do you even own a wrench? What are you doing here with these other lovingly restored cars?

_________________
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:44 pm Reply with quote
robert w
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 12 Feb 2012
Posts: 574
Location: usa
we have a friendly .22 rimfire shoot meet every 3-4 weeks about 6 of us who all went to school togather all have a fun day. at the next to last shoot we had a nut who was invited started makin fun of airguns ,i stayed quiet. he ran air power down big time . this last weekend i got my quest 1000 and put it in also with my trusty winchester 47 [owned it since i was 5] and arrived . blowhard was there i went to shoot rf first and i beat him. i finally had to get my feet dirty and said bet a dime i can take 1 of those so called bb guns and beat you at 50 yards . he went ballistic and said i bet $100 you cant get 10 yards in . big booboo we set up at 50 yards and 5 shots later my hand was open . he was pi$$ed said he wasnt ever coming back haha didnt need his BS at your friendly back yard shootouts but he was like the dude you dealt with too bad they cant get togather

_________________
,crosman 400,gamo big cat in .22, diana 5g,diana 54 air king, diana 34 in .22 diana 34 in .177, wilrauch hw-55,and a romainian pioner training rifle , and a huge collection of powder burners 35 last count . 1 would think i have a gun store
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:15 pm Reply with quote
radar
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 13 Nov 2011
Posts: 1138
Location: Des Moines, Iowa, USA
Clap Clap

_________________
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:04 am Reply with quote
NZ Shooter
Suspended
Joined: 17 Dec 2011
Posts: 146
Location: Dunedin, New Zealand
Indeed, two peas in a pod. I love putting people in their place, good on ya mate. 'Blow Hard' got educated. Love it. You really gotta wonder about people who dis' air power. Do they not realise we have more skill ?? No.
Do they not realise air power can run into massive FPE ranges, that'd put a 9mm handgun to shame ?? No. Retards. I have much respect for people I've come across that listen and learn, without being a smartass. They are blown away with what my gun, at least, can do.

_________________
Webley Patriot .22 @ 28 fpe
Nikko MountMaster 4x40 AO
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:48 pm Reply with quote
robert w
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 12 Feb 2012
Posts: 574
Location: usa
i wonder if those blowhards that knock our so called "B.B.GUNS" ever thought they are tough as every pellet rifle i ever shot took skill its lots easier to take my winchester 47 or ruger 1022 and shoot 50 yards but i notice when i shoot powder its lots easier to get bulls eyes after lots of air power shooting ,and every gun has its own traits my 2 dianas are diffrent as night n day even if they are in .177 and .22 same stock and reciever but thats where it ends . shooting my diana 5g is another thing 2 handed light hold .if i try a tight hold no tellin where it hits but light 2 hand hold and i can hit fine

_________________
,crosman 400,gamo big cat in .22, diana 5g,diana 54 air king, diana 34 in .22 diana 34 in .177, wilrauch hw-55,and a romainian pioner training rifle , and a huge collection of powder burners 35 last count . 1 would think i have a gun store
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:50 am Reply with quote
NZ Shooter
Suspended
Joined: 17 Dec 2011
Posts: 146
Location: Dunedin, New Zealand
Skill is the biggest advantage we have over dedicated burner users. I mean to say, any recoil those fella's have to contend with, is not even in the same ballpark. A firearm projectile can be 50 metres from the muzzle before the rifle itself even thinks about shifting upward. Air rifle users almost always have to follow through, espcially shooting springers.
We all know what it takes, and I guess that's the reason I get so pissed at arrogance toward us.

_________________
Webley Patriot .22 @ 28 fpe
Nikko MountMaster 4x40 AO
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:52 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5714
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
I'm glad people like that still exist. They make me feel that I have something nice that they don't. Mr. Green

At the moment I have three PCP's, and that old '72 springer. They don't really take a lot of skill to shoot. I do want myself a big heavy springer but at the moment I can't really use it, as I already have my Disco at 20 FPE which is more then enough for what I use it for.

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:01 am Reply with quote
Airhead
Member
Member
Joined: 05 Feb 2012
Posts: 65
Location: Southern Ontario
i totally see eye to eye with everyones opinions on this thread about the uneducated. But I also enjoy this aspect, it allows us to stay under the radar! if the majority of the pubic think airguns are toy then let them, this keeps away as much negative public opionion keeping our sport around longer. once the public get educated they might get scared ( specially in canada) force the government to take action which will create more screwed up regulations.

_________________
Webley Alecto .177
Webley Alecto .22
Benjamin Trail AW NP
Benjamin Classsic
Walthers CP Sport
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:31 am Reply with quote
Jr. Squirreler
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 12 Dec 2010
Posts: 419
Location: New York
Just about the same thing had happened to me, however, I had my Nitro Venom Dusk. Really P*sses me off that people think air rifles are toys! Some can cost more then a 30-06!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Update on Mr. X .... 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:22 pm Reply with quote
NZ Shooter
Suspended
Joined: 17 Dec 2011
Posts: 146
Location: Dunedin, New Zealand
Well it seems as if the air-gunning community has struck another victory.
Mr. X, who as we all know, is a bit of a tool in regards to our favoured sport, went out and purchased a Crosman Quest. Hmmm, he has even asked me to go possum shooting with him.
I can't bring myself to let him into my secret possum hunting grounds.
So I may suggest " rabbit shooting " spots... but I just can't bring myself to go with him .....
Victory is ours, Mr. X no longer has as much of an arrogant swagger as he used too.
For him, reality bites Faq-U
For us, it's always been reality.... our guns rule.

_________________
Webley Patriot .22 @ 28 fpe
Nikko MountMaster 4x40 AO
View user's profile Send private message
Burner convert 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Goosehawk
Member
Member
Joined: 06 Jan 2012
Posts: 21
Location: North Carolina
I use to shoot prairie dogs out to 650yds with a win .243 and thought of myself a good long gun shooter. Then I bought a springer. After 1200 to 1400 pellets later I finely fell like I can hold my own being able to hit pennies at 80ft 9 out of 10 times. Talk about two different worlds. I’m glad that you guys up in the great wide north can use air guns to hunt with for I have all ways been able to use burners for my hunting.
View user's profile Send private message
Smart A** Gets Punked. 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 2  
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.