Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles » types of air rifle
types of air rifle 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:36 pm Reply with quote
rug38
i need on types of air rifles i have break barrell but dont like it i would like a semi auto but i like the power of it 1000 fps any advice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:22 pm Reply with quote
radar
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
PCP. Forget semi-auto you'll likely be stuck with a low powered CO2 gun that won't shoot hard in the cold weather. I think you'd like a Benjamin Discovery .22 with an aftermarket repeating breech. It's bolt action.
1000 fps is usually only attained on an airgun with very light pellets, and that is almost always an inaccurate velocity. The buffet in the wind and tumble and lose power almost as soon as they leave the barrel. Don't exceed 900-950 fps. Use a heavier pellet if you do.
fps means little. It is not the same as power.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:00 am Reply with quote
donwalk
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
you can get a semi-auto FX from sweden...but you'd better dig into the pesos...www.fxairguns.com

go PCP if you want power and accuracy...but...PCP DOES require a support system you cannot operate a PCP without.

one of the easiest and least expensive ways is to get a Benjamin Discovery with a hand pump; they may be purchased in a "Combo".

hand pumping a 3000 psi PCP on a Benjamin Marauder or Airforce Talon is not fun and easy...but it is practical $$$$-wise and in the end...you'll probably end up going to SCUBA-SCBA fed systems anyway...

another factor to consider with PCP, is most of them are NOISY...like a rimfire or worse if you go "Big bore" but they may be purchased with shrouds, too. (check laws in your area about shrouded air guns before purchasing a shrouded air gun, though.)

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles