Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics » Holster
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
Holster 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:52 pm Reply with quote
thepaladin
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 12 Dec 2007
Posts: 930
Location: TN USA
I do leather work as well as other hobbies (including being an airgun addict). I've made cases for my knives (fixed and folding), belts, my wallet and so on.

I decided I wanted to make holsters for my 2240, 1377 and now my 1322 (just got the 1322 through Fedex today). When something's an unusual shape you need to wet the leather and then mold it around the shape allowing it to harden.

With a gun you need to get creative as it's not really a good idea to fold a piece of soaked leather around your gun and leave it all night... So, first I wipe the pistol down with oil, then I mold aluminum foil around it...and THEN fold the leather around it and weight it down:

note my creative weights.

Once it's molded and punched for stitching (including belt loop) I'll dye it black, seal it and stitch it up. (God willing). I've already made one for the 2240 and one for the 1377.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:10 pm Reply with quote
thepaladin
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 12 Dec 2007
Posts: 930
Location: TN USA
here's the finished holster:




View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Slavia
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2008
Posts: 4382
Location: Waseca, Minnesota, USA
Nice work. With a shape like that you have to make your own - I've never seen anything like it available commercially.

_________________
¡Listo! ¡Apunte! ¡Fuego!
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:25 am Reply with quote
thepaladin
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 12 Dec 2007
Posts: 930
Location: TN USA
As I recall there was one available several years ago, but I never had one. I also made one for my 2240...and belts to go with them of course. Laughing

_________________
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:28 am Reply with quote
Slavia
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2008
Posts: 4382
Location: Waseca, Minnesota, USA
Now you need to make bandoliers for the CO2 capsules like the Frito Bandito has. Then get one of those recordable greeting cards and have it play the theme from "The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly" when you draw the gun.

Only kidding. I don't work with leather, and I admire your work.

_________________
¡Listo! ¡Apunte! ¡Fuego!
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:52 am Reply with quote
thepaladin
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 12 Dec 2007
Posts: 930
Location: TN USA


Note the stock on the center rifle. I didn't make that I bought it ...but you've given me an idea for a belt with wide loops...humm.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:16 pm Reply with quote
oddtodd
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 30 Dec 2008
Posts: 2029
Location: Richmond, IN USA
Slavia wrote:
Now you need to make bandoliers for the CO2 capsules like the Frito Bandito has. Then get one of those recordable greeting cards and have it play the theme from "The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly" when you draw the gun.

Only kidding. I don't work with leather, and I admire your work.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOUilxJWm24 I yi yi yi!!It's the frito bandito all over again! lol

_________________
Airguns: Two starlings talking "Larry, did you hear that? Larry?? LARRY!!!!"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:28 pm Reply with quote
sniper
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 28 Nov 2008
Posts: 3752
Location: Star, Idaho
So when you pull it out for the finishing shot
you can say "do you feel lucky, punk"? Razz

_________________
I believe in gun control,
If there's a gun around I
want to be controlling it.......
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:00 pm Reply with quote
thepaladin
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 12 Dec 2007
Posts: 930
Location: TN USA
Only if I'm convinced the squirrel speaks English...

_________________
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:14 pm Reply with quote
oddtodd
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 30 Dec 2008
Posts: 2029
Location: Richmond, IN USA
Yeah, you gotta watch those commie Russian squirrels. They'll play dead on you then bite you on the nose when you get close enough. A friend of my cousin's wife's sister had it happen to him.

_________________
Airguns: Two starlings talking "Larry, did you hear that? Larry?? LARRY!!!!"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:30 pm Reply with quote
thepaladin
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 12 Dec 2007
Posts: 930
Location: TN USA
Yeah, take the head shot. Always take the head shot.

_________________
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:53 pm Reply with quote
robert w
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 12 Feb 2012
Posts: 574
Location: usa
now if you would be nice and make me 1 for my diana 5g . ive looked everywhere for something that would fit it no dice yet but you do fine looking work . you used aluminum foil, i was thinking saran wrap or cling wrap several layers but it worked for you so its kool as long as its not salt cured leather i read some horror stories about holsters made with salt cured leather scary

_________________
,crosman 400,gamo big cat in .22, diana 5g,diana 54 air king, diana 34 in .22 diana 34 in .177, wilrauch hw-55,and a romainian pioner training rifle , and a huge collection of powder burners 35 last count . 1 would think i have a gun store
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:15 pm Reply with quote
thepaladin
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 12 Dec 2007
Posts: 930
Location: TN USA
Do you want to try and make it? I I made it for you you'd have to send me the gun.

Use tooling cow hide if you want to try it yourself. I get mine at Tandy Leather but you can get tooling squares at Hobby Lobby (there's usually a 40% off coupon on line). Be sure to wipe your pistol down well with oil and then wrap it in foil. You can press the foil so that the gun's shape comes through. Then wet the leather well. Put it under water till the little bubbles stop coming up. Then fit it to the gun and weight it to the form you want. if you have the hooded front sight you'll need to be sure it can clear the holster all the way up.

Let it dry 24 hours in a warm dry place. Then I measure a quarter inch out from the shape and cut it out. I use a spacer to mark it for punching stitch holes...then dye, finish and stitch.

I don't know where you live. If you really want me to make you a holster we can work something out I suppose. I'm not too comfortable with getting other folks guns, but I don't own a 5G it's the only way I know to get the shape. We'd have to mail back and forth.

_________________
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:10 pm Reply with quote
robert w
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 12 Feb 2012
Posts: 574
Location: usa
thanks for the offer the palladin . im thinking about goin up to a big city 50 miles from where i live n getting some leather as they have a nice leather shop and give it a go but i might have to get back and ask some questions but im not goin to try yet as i have a semi truck full of honeydoos ridin on my back heck im lucky she lets me get in an hour of gunnin but be prepaierd for some questions

_________________
,crosman 400,gamo big cat in .22, diana 5g,diana 54 air king, diana 34 in .22 diana 34 in .177, wilrauch hw-55,and a romainian pioner training rifle , and a huge collection of powder burners 35 last count . 1 would think i have a gun store
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:49 pm Reply with quote
thepaladin
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 12 Dec 2007
Posts: 930
Location: TN USA
LOL, got ya'.

Ask away. I'm working on a belt tonight. I'll do any thing I can to help you with doing it yourself.

You may get hooked on leather work, I did. I've made a dozen or more knife sheaths and folding knife pouches. Not to mention other "stuff". I even bought the "whole sale" card.

_________________
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)
View user's profile Send private message
Holster 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.