Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics » Quick Detatchable sling on AT44S
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
Quick Detatchable sling on AT44S 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Remtom1200
Member
Member
Joined: 02 Jan 2012
Posts: 53
I am wanting to know if anyone might have experienced installing quick detachable sling swivels on an at44s. The forestock is easy to reinforce but the rear stock is a mystery what is inside it due to the butt being molded closed behind the adjustable shoulder pad. I really dont want to drill a hole and find out there is no meat there.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:51 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
You could always use a Gamo 'Gun Buddy' sling- doesn't use swivels.

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Remtom1200
Member
Member
Joined: 02 Jan 2012
Posts: 53
I will have to view one of those. I have been using QD slings forever kinda hard to switch to something else after all these years
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Remtom1200
Member
Member
Joined: 02 Jan 2012
Posts: 53
Installed the QD sling studs today and I wasnt surprised no meat inside the rear stock. I used the threaded type studs and cut a piece of 5/16 drill rod an inch long and drilled and tapped 10-32. Worked out well this way for giving a solid mount both front and rear studs. Warning on drilling holes in these stocks.....use a drill press so you have control of the bit. A non- returnable mistake can be made really quick trying to drill this type of thin material with a hand drill.
View user's profile Send private message
Quick Detatchable sling on AT44S 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.