Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics » How do you guys cock your break barrels?
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
How do you guys cock your break barrels? 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:57 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5714
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
I usually roll the gun sideways, so the down side is pointing to the left and the up side to the right.

Then I put the butt to my upper leg, holding it with my right hand in the middle of the stock just a bit up from the trigger.

With my left hand, that is free, I pull the barrel to the left until it's cocked.

The rest is just inserting a miniskirt in the chamber Mr. Green and closing the gun. After that, I shoulder the rifle and fire.

Same applies for underlever.

With this technique, as proven, you'll apply the least of stress and get the best distribution of energy. This should influence grouping a bit.

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:20 am Reply with quote
Westonhill
Member
Member
Joined: 09 Nov 2007
Posts: 71
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
When I close the gun, I usually have the barrel pointing downwards and then move the receiver side upwards to close the gun. It has happened to me a few times that the inserted pallet actually fell off without me noticing it and I ended up dry firing a springer.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:13 am Reply with quote
The outdoorsman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 07 Sep 2007
Posts: 240
Location: Canada
i hold the gun with my left hand as i would if i was shooting it (but i shoot with my right)
my other had is just up from the front site and i just bring my hands together... not that complicated

_________________
' I dont think of the audiance as anything different than me, you have to seduce the audiance
ya cant beat'em and ya cant kiss their a$$"
Harison Ford

Shooting Pistols
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:55 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
Right hand holds the grip on the stock, left hand about 2/3 of the way down the barrel towards the muzzle, point top of gun outward and somewhat upward, crack barrel, bring down and hold stock under right armpit and barrel with right hand, load pellet, then close barrel/receiver with left hand and right hand on grip again.

Sounds more complicated than it is- and most times I manage to remember to keep the break/split in the barrel to receiver pointing away from me. Very Happy

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
How do you guys cock your break barrels? 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.