Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics » Today My RWS 48 Arrives Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
Today My RWS 48 Arrives 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:31 am Reply with quote
BBGun Bob
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 29 Oct 2007
Posts: 474
Location: Michigan
I'm a little antsy this morning,last week I bought a used tuned by JM
RWS 48 Mag. in .22 cal.Its only 8:00 am and everytime I hear a truck I'm a looking out the window for a big brown truck,Now I know Dale Jarrett won't be driving but the site will still tickle my inards.I'm worst than a little kid.Been checking the tracking number for a couple days now! And today it will arrive.Already checked the weather here in the Detroit area,sunny but cold,for some reason I don't think the cold will bother me while I do a couple of test fires.I'll quit when my teeth start chattering.
Soon as I check it out I'll post and let the results be known.
I might add this is my first German gun,I have had my heart set on one for a couple of years,but just wouldn't get off the money to buy one.Pic from ad


_________________
Air Guns Create Many Questions ! !
Together We Can Answer Them ! !
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Re: Today My RWS 48 Arrives 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:18 am Reply with quote
Westonhill
Member
Member
Joined: 09 Nov 2007
Posts: 71
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
BBGun Bob wrote:
I'm a little antsy this morning,...I hear a truck I'm a looking out the window for a big brown truck,...

Bob, you aren't the only one. I always have shipments go to my office and my UPS guy knows everyone in the office.

Added:
The usual complaint I heard about any RWS rifle, and I am sure you know about this as well, is the plastic trigger blade. Please let us know how you feel about the trigger.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:53 am Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 4139
Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND
It'll be intresting to see what you think of the side leaver cocking on the RWS 48, and how it performs.

Al

_________________


View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:41 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
If Bob disappears for a couple days- I guess we'll know where he went. Out chasing squirrels around the neighborhood! Razz

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:54 pm Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5714
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Isn't that a Diana 48, renamed so it'll look better at import?

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:48 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
broommaster2000 wrote:
Isn't that a Diana 48, renamed so it'll look better at import?


RWS IS Diana- they were the US importer of the guns, unaltered. RWS was bought out by UmarexUSA- but for some reason keeps using the RWS name on things (?). RWS was not pulling a "Beeman", they only re-labelled things, as far as I know nothing on the guns were changed or modified beyond that.

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:15 pm Reply with quote
lauchlin
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 184
Location: Vancouver Island BC
I bought my first 48 in 1990 still have it shoots fine broke afew springs and kill a few scopes have tune them to make alot of power in 22 cal .As for the plastic trigger i have no idea why people worry about it never seen one break
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:34 pm Reply with quote
Westonhill
Member
Member
Joined: 09 Nov 2007
Posts: 71
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
lauchlin wrote:
... .As for the plastic trigger i have no idea why people worry about it never seen one break

I don't think people worry about a broken trigger piece. They just don't like any plastic in an airgun - you know, sort of giving this cheap look and feel.

BTW, Bob, does your package also come with a remote control? Mr. Green
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:12 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5714
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
I must say that a plastic coat on the trigger would be nice. Gives a bit of a soft feel you know. I'm planning to let my Airmagnum trigger be redone though. as well as the safety.

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
A day with Diana 48 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:13 am Reply with quote
BBGun Bob
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 29 Oct 2007
Posts: 474
Location: Michigan
Well where should I start? Oh yea! the trigger.Unless someone mentioned it I probably wouldn't have noticed it was plastic.It does not get so cold that you can't stand it..It was 25 degrees out yesterday so I liked it very much.
The 48 is a smooth a very easy cocking rifle.(this one has been tuned by JM)And it is very quiet!! I really like that here in the burbs.
There is plenty of room in the open breech to load.I was suprised that it had very little recoil.Probably because its is a heavy gun + the tuning.
It took awhile to get it sighted in and my shivering did not help.Off the bench with a rest it seemed to be very accurate,warmer weather will tell a better story.I was placing them in 1/2 groups@ 30 yds,but thats because of me freezing.
The trigger is very smooth,light but crisp.When concerating on target and lightly pulling the trigger you just about new when the sear was going to break but sometimes it would suprise me.I like it like that.I did not touch any trigger adjustments its to damn cold,but there are 2 of em.
It has more than enough power! It wacks 3/4 plywood really hard I didn't look to see if it went thru but I would guess it did.
I was shooting RWS Diablo Pointed pellets @ 14.7 gr. I'v had them forever probably bought the 500 tin in the 70's
I didn't have any wadcutters so I used what I had.
The Gun is a 1994 but in mint condition,no nicks in stock,blueing is perfect,and the screw heads are real nice not all boogered up like some people do to there guns.I never understood why people do not use the proper screw driver?
It came with the iron sights that go with it,RWS c-mount,and a barrel weight.The muzzle break was on it.
I put a Leapers 3-9X40 variable with illuminated retical,full size AO on it.
#SPC394AOMDLTS red/green====Well here she is!!!




_________________
Air Guns Create Many Questions ! !
Together We Can Answer Them ! !
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:34 am Reply with quote
BCSteel
Member
Member
Joined: 14 Sep 2007
Posts: 88
Location: Sitting in Front of my Computer
Beautiful gun. A 48 is definatly on my short list but it will be a while before I can pick one up. I have a little gun envy right now Shocked Mr. Green

_________________
"Comfort in the known prevents us from discovering the unknown" - Jed Davis
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:17 pm Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5714
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
It's probably one of your best buys yet. I've read it needs a bit of technique to use it.

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
Thank You BCSteel & broommaster ! 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:55 am Reply with quote
BBGun Bob
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 29 Oct 2007
Posts: 474
Location: Michigan
I agree it is my best buy ever.And I can tell it will take some getting used to as far hold and shooting it goes. Such a difference in quailty over the Crosmans and the Chinese copys.My cousin has a B-40 in .22 cal. it is a very nice looking gun but the insides are a little rough.Good shooter though.
Monday he is getting a Air Arms TX 200 Carbine in.177. I think these are one step above the RWS rifles,of course that is only my opinion.I am curious to see what makes them so special,expensive and accurate.
Later guys got to go punch some paper!

Respectfully
BBGun Bob

_________________
Air Guns Create Many Questions ! !
Together We Can Answer Them ! !
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
intrested 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:34 pm Reply with quote
znhunter1
New Member
New Member
Joined: 01 Dec 2007
Posts: 4
lauchlin wrote:
I bought my first 48 in 1990 still have it shoots fine broke afew springs and kill a few scopes have tune them to make alot of power in 22 cal .As for the plastic trigger i have no idea why people worry about it never seen one break
.




Im interested in how u tuned it up cause i want to do it to mine.I have a model 34 diana.I like to listen to my ipod when i shoot mine and sometimes i cant hear if i close it all the way and everytime the barrel is prob 1centimeter open i mean it looks like its close but its not and everytime i pull that trigger BAM there goes the trigger its broken!!
View user's profile Send private message
Re: intrested 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Westonhill
Member
Member
Joined: 09 Nov 2007
Posts: 71
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
znhunter1 wrote:

...I like to listen to my ipod when i shoot mine...

Really? Do you chew gum too? Laughing
View user's profile Send private message
Today My RWS 48 Arrives 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 2  
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.