Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles » Crosman quest 1000x model C1K77X - Accuracy?????
Crosman quest 1000x model C1K77X - Accuracy????? 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:23 pm Reply with quote
jimmy245
I have a Winchester 1000 (Hatsan mod 55). The thing is really accuate (with scope that comes with it). Use RWS Super H-Point.

My nephew has the Crosman referenced above with Center Point Scope. Shot it at his house and told him I would take it home to sight it in. Using same RWS ammo, tried to sight it in but it was all over the place. Hi, low, right, left. Thus, thought it might be me so I got hold of my ace sharpshooter (Laotian gal). Was using target with big center bullseye and 4 perimeter targets. She took first shot and hit the bullseye on upper right hand target. I said wow, it must be me. Then she said, no Jim, I was aiming for center target! She then shot another dozen pellets and they were all over the place. So then I gave her my Winchester and she hit bullseyes every time.

After reading other posts regarding problems with the crown, I closely examined the crown and it looks like it is in perfect shape. No imperctions, burrs, I took a q-tip and swabbed it and nothing got caught in crown.

The Crosman seems like its a similar quality gun compared to my Winchester but its not even close when trying to sight it in. Anybody know about the Crosman? Is it really a piece of junk?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:38 am Reply with quote
Mike240ZT
i have both a quest 1000 and a phantom 800. Repeatable accuracy has never been an issue with either. I know several others with either of these airguns and noone has had any issues. My first guess would quite likely be the pellets you are using. Try using the cheap daisy wadcutters. They generally work great in these guns and thats all i use. Have tried a couple variations of rws and had the same results as you. One other thing to check would be the nylon washers at the barrel pivot point. If crushed on one side and move around when cocking and loading then that can also cause accuracy issues. Chances are pretty good that your airgun will like the cheap daisy wadcutters.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:55 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Use different pellets and see what occurs- every gun, including two of the same model built on the same assembly line on the same day may prefer two completely different pellets.

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:47 am Reply with quote
jimmy245
Hey, you guys were right about the pellets. Tried some wadcutters and there was a huge improvement in accuracy. I only wish there was a logical explanation.

Thanks

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles