Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles » New Springer Rifle Goto page 1, 2  Next
New Springer Rifle 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
I,m getting a bit fed up with the cold weather and trying to shoot at a constant velocity with Co2, so I am looking for decent springer, break barrel or underlever but it must be .177 cal.

I do like the Webley Exocet also the Air Arms TX200 HC, so anybody got one of the above if so what do you think of it, if not anybody got any recomendations, anything up to £200 ($400) I would be intrested in.

Al

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:11 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Can't you get a Diana or a Weihrauch for that money?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:31 am Reply with quote
Alstone
Morning Broom.
Yes I could get a Diana but I know very little about them also they are not very popular in England, as for the Weihrauch I like them especialy the gas ram models, which if I can get one at the right price would do nicely, I do like the HW97K but that's running at about £270, ($540) which is going a bit over my budget. I would if possible like a carbine, I'm not into long barrels like you. Smile

Al

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:55 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
I don't anything specifically being said about Webley's having significant problems or shortcomings. People in North America all seem to like Dianas- so I don't know if it's lack of popularity in the UK is more a 'fashion' sort of thing perhaps?

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:09 am Reply with quote
Alstone
Hi Eric
To be honest I haven't given Diana's a thought, although I did have a pistol made by them when I was a kid, the type you pushes the barrel against a wall to cock it, removed a screw from the back of the barrel to insert the pellet then tried to hit the wall, Smile but I did get a pretty good shot with it.

Anyway I'll have a look at Diana's and come back on that one.

Al

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:28 pm Reply with quote
23ib0d0n
I like Diana, but all of mine are FAC and the reason I don't have a TX 200 yet is some are known to have a compression chamber issue that needs to be sorted out.

I would like to get a TX without issues in a nonFAC power level for FT, but may have to wait until the dollar recovers some ground on the euro exchange.

That said, the TX is one of the best fit and finished springers with the one exception with the chamber, which a good tuner should be able to fix easily.

Otherwise match rifles like the Diana 75 and FWB 300 are the nicest to shoot for close range, say out to 30 meters.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Alstone
Hi J
Diana's are a bit hard to find around here, you can get a 46, 34 and a Panther 21, but none of them appeal to me, that's another criteria it must look good, there are some nice airguns about but some of them look ugly! the diana 75 is nice looking but quite expensive here.

As for the TX I really like it, as you say the finish is excellent, if I do get one it will be under 12fp in .177, I like the M3 carbine with barrel shroud and built in moderator, so far thats looks favorite at the moment, the only thing I want to know is how hard is it to cock.

Al

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:31 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Alstone wrote:
Morning Broom.
Yes I could get a Diana but I know very little about them also they are not very popular in England, as for the Weihrauch I like them especialy the gas ram models, which if I can get one at the right price would do nicely, I do like the HW97K but that's running at about £270, ($540) which is going a bit over my budget. I would if possible like a carbine, I'm not into long barrels like you. Smile

Al

The K in HW97K stands for "Kurz". It means it's a short barelled version. I can reccomend it since I have shot a few time with one. You won't regret it, and there is enough to improve, even though it's a good rifle.

I never shot a Diana, but from what I hear and read, they are comparable to Weihrauch, even though it seems that Diana is a bit more expensive.

Next to that, you could also try for a Slavia. I know, it's got a long barrel, but if you don't like it you can always shorten it. It's great value for money, and that's no lie. I can tell you a lot about Slavia's to begin with anyway. Mr. Green

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:05 am Reply with quote
Alstone
Hi broom
I've had a look round for a dealer selling Slavia airguns in the UK, but so far nobody!, there not the most popular guns over here, but I'll keep looking.

Al

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:15 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Is it that import rifles are more expensive in general in the UK?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:36 am Reply with quote
Alstone
broommaster2000 wrote:
Is it that import rifles are more expensive in general in the UK?

Everything is expensive in the UK, cars, white goods, TVs, cameras, airguns etc, plus with the new gun laws stopping you from buying an airgun on the internet, all the dealers have put there prices up.

It's now cheaper to buy from the USA including carriage, and you can save about 25% on the cost here.

Al

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:15 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Yowtch. What about importing from the Netherlands or something? Probably to expensive too huh?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:05 am Reply with quote
23ib0d0n
Alstone wrote:

It's now cheaper to buy from the USA including carriage, and you can save about 25% on the cost here.

Al
Cheaper for a TX 200? They're over $550 here now. Can't you just take a tour of the manufacturing facility and 'borrow a sample' from them for less than 200 pounds? Giant Grin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:30 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
I think the best way to go for Al is a second handed one, and one that might have already had a good tune. Wink

Edit: I'm also saving up for a new rifle. I'm planning on buying a QB88. I'm already saving the cash. Mr. Green That might be a nice springer for Al too?

By the way, does anyone know the Supermax1000? It seems an improved version of the QB88, but it's not that commonly known or so it seems. Anyone got some info 'bout that one, please lemme know. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Alstone
23ib0d0n wrote:
Alstone wrote:

Al
Cheaper for a TX 200? They're over $550 here now. Can't you just take a tour of the manufacturing facility and 'borrow a sample' from them for less than 200 pounds? Giant Grin

Hi J
It's easier to get a tour around a nuclear power plant, very secretive these airgun factorys, and have you tried walking out of one with a rifle down your pants?

The TX200 HC MKlll is £269.00 ($540) over here, which is about the same price, you get better price saving on cheaper guns, I might have a look for a second hand one, as Broom says if I can get one with a good tune at the right price it could be worth while.

Broom
I've had a look round for a QB/TF 88 and so far nothing in the UK that I can find, I think I will have to have a overnight trip on North Sea Ferrys, and do a bit of shopping in Holland, do they do rifles under 12fp to comply with our laws? I could get some cheap booze as well for Christmas. Laughing

Al

New Springer Rifle 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles