Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Optics » Simmons Model 1048 M1 6.5~20X44mm ... safe on the Beeman?
Simmons Model 1048 M1 6.5~20X44mm ... safe on the Beeman? 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:06 am Reply with quote
makenzie71
I have two dedicated target scopes...a 32mm that I keep matched to my 10/22 and this Simmons piece. I would like a scope on my Beeman 1073 and would prefer to use this 44mm piece, but I cannot find any information on it.

Can I run this on the Beeman or will it eat up the innards?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:46 am Reply with quote
Crosman140
I don't know anything about that particular scope, but you will need a scope that can handle the dual recoil of a springer. Any regular scope, even an expensive one, will be eaten up by your Beeman.

.177 Crosman 1377 (2009)
.177 Daisy 880 (2019)
BB Daisy Red Ryder (2012)
BB Daisy Buck (2019)
BB Crosman 1600 (1980)
BB Marksman 1010 (1979)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:54 am Reply with quote
makenzie71
Yeah I know it being expensive doesn't mean it's tough...it being expensive is just why I don't want to ruin it.

It's a scope I've used on my 7mm Mag and my 300 Win Mag...plus a couple other weapons...and that seems to be about as violent as it gets. I know the recoil is a bit different, though.

Doesn't matter too much, though...using the shield the thing doesn't clear the rear sight and the front sight interferes too much. I'm trying to find out about a heavier, slick barrel. Might become interesting again at that point.

In the mean time I want to look for a different scope. I'm not very concerned about power but I would like some adjustability. Biggest thing is I want between 40mm and 50mm optics. Any suggestions that would suit my Beeman?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:37 pm Reply with quote
makenzie71
Well I emailed Simmons and this is the response I got back:

Quote:
Justin,

This scope was not tested on an air gun, but it should work.

Thank you,

Darlene J

I asked specifically about spring piston rifles.

Many of the Mag 44 scopes are listed on other sites as airgun friendly. I'll probably go ahead and use it...the only other rifle I would put it on is my 7mm mag but I'm driving nails at 200yds with it and a dinky little scope...I'm afraid to alter a working thing.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:13 pm Reply with quote
walter
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
i wouldnt switch a good combo either. if its dialed i would leave it be. i would not trust that response to run it on a springer airgun. im hoping my leapers holds up to my 97k. Shocked that thing puts out a serious shock wave. Exclamation good luck with it. walt.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:03 pm Reply with quote
makenzie71
I wanted to go back and bump this just to let everyone know what I've found out. I've been using this scope for a year now on my Beeman RS1. I know I don't shoot a great many pellets but I've been through about 1000 I would think. This scope is a great scope...lets you really zoom in there (aim small, miss small), is very adjustable, and it has held up to this gun nicely.

I've seen this particular scope on eBay a few times going for $20~40 shipped. It's very worth having. I'm now using it on my Benjamin Titan GP and it's holding up great there, too.
Simmons Model 1048 M1 6.5~20X44mm ... safe on the Beeman? 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Optics