Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Optics » Barska swat info? Other scopes in similar price range?
Barska swat info? Other scopes in similar price range? 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:28 am Reply with quote
junior111111
hi buds, need some help, has any 1 used a barska swat?? please give me info on what you thought and please any info on similar priced scopes in the same price range in usa..thanx
Re: Barska swat info? Other scopes in similar price range? 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:01 pm Reply with quote
junior111111
junior111111 wrote:
hi buds, need some help, has any 1 used a barska swat?? please give me info on what you thought and please any info on similar priced scopes in the same price range in usa..thanx

no 1s ever used a barska???friggin hell

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:38 pm Reply with quote
23ib0d0n
I looked through a Barska spotting scope and couldn't adjust it enough to focus on any plane. They might be better now, but that was just last year. Very underwhelming optics to me.

BSA is much better for the price.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:28 am Reply with quote
Hilly DownUnder
Havn't actually played with any of the SWAT series from Barska, some of our small-bore club members use the next series down and seem happy with them.
The bigest problem that I have come across with the target scopes is that the windage/elevation adjustments are 1/8th MOA clicks, not the usual 1/4 MOA found on most (many) other scopes. This translates to having to have your scope-mount dovetails exactly where they should be, rather than pointing off to one side or up in the air. We have had 2 Barska's come back to the shop suposedly faulty. Before we sent the first one back I built a checking tool out of an old TOZ rimfire and a Tasco scope alignment tool just to see if there was a problem.
Carefully setting both turrets at their mid-point I fitted the scope to the test jig and things were fairly close to spot-on. The adjustment range was limited due to the fine threads on the turrets so then we checked the customer's gun. Scope rails were out of line with the bore. Fitted windage adjustable mounts and problem was solved. The second scope was the same story.
Now, when we sell a scope we fit and adjust it. Problem solved. Easy when you know how but experience is a tough teacher at times. Same thing applies to any scope, it's only as good as the dovetails it's mounted on. Don't know how the Barska would go on a magnum springer though, it may not be too happy.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:36 am Reply with quote
Hilly DownUnder
Oops, forgot part 2!
Have a look at the "Olivon" range of scopes. New to us down here but the couple that I have looked through seem pretty good and the price seems a bit lower than the comparable Barska. Both come out of China, the Olivon has a green lens coating, the Barska is some other colour, could be blue.
I like the Nikko Stirling Nighteaters in the 30mm tube size. Not much diferent to the others in the middle of the day but much brighter at early dawn and dusk.

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Optics