Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Target Shooting: Casual, Fun and Competition » Point of impact changing relative to shooting position
Point of impact changing relative to shooting position 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:48 pm Reply with quote
apwood88
This afternoon I was shooting my Gamo spring piston air rifle at a target roughly 50 feet away. The rifle is equipped with a 3x scope that I zeroed while shooting in the prone position. However, despite the distance and position of the target remaining the same, when I shot in a sitting position the point of impact dropped. The point of impact dropped even lower when I stood up. At first I thought it was me, but then I employed a rest and the same thing happened. I am thoroughly confounded by this, I even busted out the pencil and ruler to try and figure it out but it was to no avail. Perhaps someone smarter than me could offer some insight?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:16 pm Reply with quote
rsterne
Springers have their own natural rythym during the shot.... Yours probably wants to kick downwards.... That is resisted most when prone, less when kneeling, and the least when standing....

The only other thing could be that your cheek weld is different in the three positions.... and you are getting a parallax error that is consistently different in the three positions....

Bob

Point of impact changing relative to shooting position 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Target Shooting: Casual, Fun and Competition