Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Antique, Collector and Novelty Airguns » Daisy model 08 Luger
Daisy model 08 Luger 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:10 pm Reply with quote
frapelle1
I just bought a Daisy MODEL 08 25 CAL. (6mm) Plastic Shot Luger with clip, at a garage sale for $3.00. Can anyone tell me something about this pistol. How old is it, can I still get a manual for it, how does it work, what is plastic shot? (I'm new at this) thank you

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:37 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
?

Something doesn't seem right here. Daisy has a model 008, but it is a .177 BB shooter, not a "plastic shot" gun. http://daisy.com/shopping/customer/product.php?productid=16243&cat=259&page=1

I am assuming by the fact it is a .25 cal "plastic shot" gun that it is an AirSoft/SoftAir product. BUT- Daisy I don't believe has made such a product- their airsoft guns have all been clear plastic, i.e. : http://daisy.com/shopping/customer/home.php?cat=264

What does it say on this gun? Is it clear plastic?

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
Daisy model 08 Luger 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:55 pm Reply with quote
frapelle1
On the left side, (looking down the sight) it says DETAILED REPLICA and MODEL 08
25 CAL. (6mm) Plastic Shot
On the other side it says Daisy with a R circled,
MADE IN JAPAN,
ASGK
J 52
FREE INSTRUCTION MANUAL WRITE DAISY, ROGERS, AR. 72757
That is all the writing I can find on it. Thanks
Daisy model 08 Luger 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:58 pm Reply with quote
frapelle1
It's not clear, looks just like the real thing.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:34 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Here's a quote from an article which may help lay this out (your gun is an AirSoft product by the way, not alot of value in it- I don't know of any airsoft "collectors" out there):

"Airsoft first appeared in the US during the mid-1980s, when Daisy introduced a handful of spring-piston models made by Maruzen of Japan. Daisy's early airsoft guns were all manually cocked repeaters of great realism, as the 6mm pellets had to be loaded in plastic cartridge cases. The latter were fed to the breech as in real firearms and ejected as the action was manually re-cocked for the next shot.

These early Daisy airsoft models consisted of replicas of the Colt 1911, Luger P.08, S&W Model 59 and Beretta Model 92 autoloaders. There was also an airsoft replica of the Remington 870 pump shotgun, plus airsoft copies of the HK MP5K, Mini Uzi and Interdynamic KG-9 subguns. The lineup also included an airsoft chopped-down copy of the Ruger Mini-14, plus a single-shot copy of the Walther P-38 and a revolver resembling the Colt Python.

Unfortunately, those early Daisy airsoft guns did not meet with great commercial success. Perhaps too many potential buyers regarded the guns as too toy-like due to their plastic construction and low-velocity plastic ammo. Although Daisy never marketed airsoft guns to children, adults apparently did not go for them, even though firearms training and low-cost plinking coupled with minimal injury potential were inherent in those early airsoft guns. By 1989 or so, Daisy's airsoft guns were off the market, being of interest only to collectors these days.

Here is the source: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0BQY/is_5_53/ai_n27176798/

It may be worth more than a typical, current airsoft product as it was one of the first generation units that came from Japan- but again- need to find a collector looking for one, then as to its value - ?

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
luger 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:00 pm Reply with quote
frapelle1
Great job, I looked all over the web with very little info., ($3.00 is no big loss) Thank You for your time and help!
Daisy model 08 Luger 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Antique, Collector and Novelty Airguns