Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics » O.K. Had enough of Remington NPSS
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
O.K. Had enough of Remington NPSS 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:38 pm Reply with quote
jeager106
Member
Member
Joined: 26 Apr 2010
Posts: 37
Location: Ohio
I'm on rifle #2 aand after 500 pellets downbore I'm still getting 3 inch patterns instead of groups.
This one is going back also and I'm done with Remington and I don't care that it has a Nitro Piston or not.
I've been looking hard at the Diana RWS 350 Feuerkraft .
According to the Pyramid ad it chrono's an hoset 850 FPS with 14 grain .22 pellets.
That makes it a hunters tool for sure which is what I want.
Anyone care to give any feed back on the RWS 350 series?
or the Remington for that matter.
Maybe I just got two bad ones in a row but I'm going broke breaking them in buying so many pellets.
I gave up on the last one after 800 pellets and got no better groups than when I started out with the thing.
Opinions welcome.
Suggestions on shooting glass for the RWS 350 welcomed also.

_________________
If nothing changes, nothing changes.
View user's profile Send private message
Re: O.K. Had enough of Remington NPSS 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:58 am Reply with quote
kanyon
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 09 Aug 2008
Posts: 1582
Location: New Zealand
jeager106 wrote:
I'm on rifle #2 aand after 500 pellets downbore I'm still getting 3 inch patterns instead of groups.
This one is going back also and I'm done with Remington and I don't care that it has a Nitro Piston or not.
I've been looking hard at the Diana RWS 350 Feuerkraft .
According to the Pyramid ad it chrono's an hoset 850 FPS with 14 grain .22 pellets.
That makes it a hunters tool for sure which is what I want.
Anyone care to give any feed back on the RWS 350 series?
or the Remington for that matter.
Maybe I just got two bad ones in a row but I'm going broke breaking them in buying so many pellets.
I gave up on the last one after 800 pellets and got no better groups than when I started out with the thing.
Opinions welcome.
Suggestions on shooting glass for the RWS 350 welcomed also.


Hi....
I had that prob with my Rem Genesis.."base for the NPSS"
Till I found a pellet ...Cosman Accupels....Dam picky thing.

Pete

_________________
Career Infinity PCP .22
Webley Patriot .25
Hatsan mod 75 .22
Hatsan mod 99 .177 (Quattro & SAS)
Kral underlever .177


.............................................


.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:04 am Reply with quote
fritz
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 25 Nov 2008
Posts: 2443
Location: New Jersey- outside of Philadelphia
Buy the Diana.

_________________
"I never set out to be wierd, it was always everyone else who called me it" -Frank Zappa

Speed is impressive, accuracy is deadly.

It's not that I'm not a people person, it's just that I'm not a stupid people person.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Re: O.K. Had enough of Remington NPSS 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:50 pm Reply with quote
xeene
New Member
New Member
Joined: 23 May 2010
Posts: 11
jeager106 wrote:
I'm on rifle #2 aand after 500 pellets downbore I'm still getting 3 inch patterns instead of groups.
This one is going back also and I'm done with Remington and I don't care that it has a Nitro Piston or not.
I've been looking hard at the Diana RWS 350 Feuerkraft .
According to the Pyramid ad it chrono's an hoset 850 FPS with 14 grain .22 pellets.
That makes it a hunters tool for sure which is what I want.
Anyone care to give any feed back on the RWS 350 series?
or the Remington for that matter.
Maybe I just got two bad ones in a row but I'm going broke breaking them in buying so many pellets.
I gave up on the last one after 800 pellets and got no better groups than when I started out with the thing.
Opinions welcome.
Suggestions on shooting glass for the RWS 350 welcomed also.
i have remi npss in .177. with crosman premier that came with the rifle i was getting 2 inch groups from 10 meters, also tried the cheap daisy pellets that you get 500 for $4. besides having dirty fingers that didn't do much good. ordered myself a few boxes of jsb exacto 8.4g and my groups shrunk to about 3/4 inch. i still need to try gamo pellets that i have assortment pack of and see how they perform. next on my to try list i was going to order a box of rws superdomes.

i think the break in period on these is more then 100 shots that states in the manual, and the barrel inside needs cleaning. i took a qtip and cut off the head, loaded it in chamber and fired it off. it came out black, next one was much better looking and now the barrel inside is shiny, before you could see gunk inside of it.

_________________
crosman/remington npss .177 in digital camo.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:27 am Reply with quote
jeager106
Member
Member
Joined: 26 Apr 2010
Posts: 37
Location: Ohio
fritz wrote:
Buy the Diana.


Yeah Ithink so.
You get what you pay for and the NPSS is no bargain if the bedt groups I can get is 3 to 4 " after 5 X the recommended break in shots.
I'd rather spend the $$$ and get power plus accuracy.
When I got my first air rifle, an RWS 48 in .22 the break in was nothing.
It shot half inch at 25 yards right out of the box and after I mounted a Leapers 4 X 16 scope with good mounts and rings.
I could get an inch all day at 50 yards but it did prefer the Crossman Primier pellet above all others.
Even my Gamo Shadow shoots under half inch at 20 yards using Primiers in spite of the awful trigger.

_________________
If nothing changes, nothing changes.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:19 am Reply with quote
domer_pyle
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 17 Sep 2009
Posts: 523
From my experience, Crosman/Remington in .177 seems to prefer the Crosman FH, worth a try cause they're so damn cheap.

Gas pistons are kinda a b!tch to get the hold right for though too
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:08 am Reply with quote
JustMatt
Member
Member
Joined: 30 Mar 2010
Posts: 45
Location: US
I don't know about the Remington, but I have a .22 Benjamin NPSS and like it a lot. They are pretty much the same inside, correct? Now, this was my first air rifle (besides my father's Daisy model 95 bb gun) so I could just be new and not know a good rifle from a bad one. I only half halfheartedly sighted it in and I can hit a can at 300 feet from a standing position pretty regularly. It seems to like heavier pellets for me.

I bought "H&N Baracuda Match .22 Cal, 21.14 Grains", "Air Arms Diabolo Field .22 Cal (5.51mm), 16 Grains" and "Air Arms Falcon .22 Cal (5.52mm), 13.43 Grains" when I bought the gun. The light pellets make the gun fire funny for me. Using the medium and heavy pellets get me much better accuracy and no smoking in the barrel at all.

Just wanted to give an alternate experience with the Nitro Piston system.
View user's profile Send private message
O.K. Had enough of Remington NPSS 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.