Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics » Looking for some info: Evanix AR 6
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
Looking for some info: Evanix AR 6 
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 11:47 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5714
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Hey guys,

I'm looking for some info on the AR6 by the Korean company called Evanix? Are there guys around who own this rifle and care to share their thoughts about it?

I've read some reviews on the Dutch forum and they've left me confused.

I might be looking to buy one, after selling both my rifles. I'm moving out and will have less time to shoot so whenever I get to shoot I want to be a bit of more fun. More power is more fun in my opinion. Mr. Green

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 12:15 pm Reply with quote
sniper
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 28 Nov 2008
Posts: 3752
Location: Star, Idaho
unless he sold it pete has one.

_________________
I believe in gun control,
If there's a gun around I
want to be controlling it.......
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 12:24 pm Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5714
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
I recall he had an older one. Though sure of it, I am not. We shall sit and wait for him.

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:59 pm Reply with quote
kanyon
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 09 Aug 2008
Posts: 1582
Location: New Zealand
Hi broom..
Unless yer going to take up hunting...
forget the AR6...
thats really all they are good for..and
dam are they good at it...

For targets / plinking...you will be re-chargeing it
every 12/15 shots...
pellets..they only like 28 & 32g buying tins of 120
for plinking....yer better have deep pockets...
anything lighter goes super sonic ..then some.
they send a 14.5g at almost 1600fps at the muzzle

they NEED to be silenced...Or buy ear muffs...

A Evanix Blizzard would be a better choice
for plinking or targets...

what about a Career Infinity...
adjustable from 400 to 1220fps with 14.5 grain
pellet gives 45fpe and well over 50fpe with heaveys..

I love mine...

Pete

_________________
Career Infinity PCP .22
Webley Patriot .25
Hatsan mod 75 .22
Hatsan mod 99 .177 (Quattro & SAS)
Kral underlever .177


.............................................


.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:10 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5714
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
kanyon wrote:
Hi broom..
Unless yer going to take up hunting...
forget the AR6...
thats really all they are good for..and
dam are they good at it...

For targets / plinking...you will be re-chargeing it
every 12/15 shots...
pellets..they only like 28 & 32g buying tins of 120
for plinking....yer better have deep pockets...
anything lighter goes super sonic ..then some.
they send a 14.5g at almost 1600fps at the muzzle

they NEED to be silenced...Or buy ear muffs...

A Evanix Blizzard would be a better choice
for plinking or targets...

what about a Career Infinity...
adjustable from 400 to 1220fps with 14.5 grain
pellet gives 45fpe and well over 50fpe with heaveys..

I love mine...

Pete


Hey Pete,

Thanks for the info! Now since the start of this thread I've researched some more myself, heh heh.

Yup, I tried the Career but I got my reasons for wanting an AR 6.

I'm gonna move to the big city, and will have less time to shoot, so every time I do shoot I want to make it worthwhile. I'm mostly shooting at a range in Drachten, which is half an hour from the city by bus. Also, I'll probably have my drivers liscense within half a year. Wink

Next, there is a pretty good regulator available. Lowering the power to 30 Joule/20 Fpe should be a matter of switching springs, hammer and/or adding said regulator set at 60 bar. This should also provide a lot of shots.

Also, I like the repeating on this gun over any other I've shot with.

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:20 am Reply with quote
kanyon
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 09 Aug 2008
Posts: 1582
Location: New Zealand
broommaster2000 wrote:
kanyon wrote:
Hi broom..
Unless yer going to take up hunting...
forget the AR6...
thats really all they are good for..and
dam are they good at it...

For targets / plinking...you will be re-chargeing it
every 12/15 shots...
pellets..they only like 28 & 32g buying tins of 120
for plinking....yer better have deep pockets...
anything lighter goes super sonic ..then some.
they send a 14.5g at almost 1600fps at the muzzle

they NEED to be silenced...Or buy ear muffs...

A Evanix Blizzard would be a better choice
for plinking or targets...

what about a Career Infinity...
adjustable from 400 to 1220fps with 14.5 grain
pellet gives 45fpe and well over 50fpe with heaveys..

I love mine...

Pete


Hey Pete,

Thanks for the info! Now since the start of this thread I've researched some more myself, heh heh.

Yup, I tried the Career but I got my reasons for wanting an AR 6.

I'm gonna move to the big city, and will have less time to shoot, so every time I do shoot I want to make it worthwhile. I'm mostly shooting at a range in Drachten, which is half an hour from the city by bus. Also, I'll probably have my drivers liscense within half a year. Wink

Next, there is a pretty good regulator available. Lowering the power to 30 Joule/20 Fpe should be a matter of switching springs, hammer and/or adding said regulator set at 60 bar. This should also provide a lot of shots.

Also, I like the repeating on this gun over any other I've shot with.



Broom
I forgot..yer can drop the power with a small
bit of rubber tube....
with the hammer cocked the valve shaft is sticking out the rear
slide a tight fitting bit of rubber tube over the shaft "shorter than the Shaft"...It will stop the valve opening as much...less air used = less power

Pete

_________________
Career Infinity PCP .22
Webley Patriot .25
Hatsan mod 75 .22
Hatsan mod 99 .177 (Quattro & SAS)
Kral underlever .177


.............................................


.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:53 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5714
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
kanyon wrote:
broommaster2000 wrote:
kanyon wrote:
Hi broom..
Unless yer going to take up hunting...
forget the AR6...
thats really all they are good for..and
dam are they good at it...

For targets / plinking...you will be re-chargeing it
every 12/15 shots...
pellets..they only like 28 & 32g buying tins of 120
for plinking....yer better have deep pockets...
anything lighter goes super sonic ..then some.
they send a 14.5g at almost 1600fps at the muzzle

they NEED to be silenced...Or buy ear muffs...

A Evanix Blizzard would be a better choice
for plinking or targets...

what about a Career Infinity...
adjustable from 400 to 1220fps with 14.5 grain
pellet gives 45fpe and well over 50fpe with heaveys..

I love mine...

Pete


Hey Pete,

Thanks for the info! Now since the start of this thread I've researched some more myself, heh heh.

Yup, I tried the Career but I got my reasons for wanting an AR 6.

I'm gonna move to the big city, and will have less time to shoot, so every time I do shoot I want to make it worthwhile. I'm mostly shooting at a range in Drachten, which is half an hour from the city by bus. Also, I'll probably have my drivers liscense within half a year. Wink

Next, there is a pretty good regulator available. Lowering the power to 30 Joule/20 Fpe should be a matter of switching springs, hammer and/or adding said regulator set at 60 bar. This should also provide a lot of shots.

Also, I like the repeating on this gun over any other I've shot with.



Broom
I forgot..yer can drop the power with a small
bit of rubber tube....
with the hammer cocked the valve shaft is sticking out the rear
slide a tight fitting bit of rubber tube over the shaft "shorter than the Shaft"...It will stop the valve opening as much...less air used = less power

Pete


Interesting. How are they put together? Are they easy to take apart? Anything to look out for?

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:42 pm Reply with quote
kanyon
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 09 Aug 2008
Posts: 1582
Location: New Zealand
Hi broom...
I never needed to pull one apart..
One thing I didn't like is the stock
is held on by one bolt though the
trigger guard...
One reasion they make the power
is the pellet is fired from the mag
direct push..the air is not going into
the barrel at 90* to the direction the
pellet has to travel....thats why they can
have the repeter mode..no probe to push
them from the mag into the barrel...just cock
the hammer & rotate the mag...
One little trick with loading the pellets
is they load backwards "tail first"into the mag
& the mag hole it tappered ..push them in till they
weadge in...

Pete

_________________
Career Infinity PCP .22
Webley Patriot .25
Hatsan mod 75 .22
Hatsan mod 99 .177 (Quattro & SAS)
Kral underlever .177


.............................................


.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:44 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5714
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Thanks Pete, I think you told me pretty much everything I needed to know. Mr. Green

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
Looking for some info: Evanix AR 6 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.