Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Hunting, Pest Control, Varminting » Hangin out with Ben and Jen (PICS!!)
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
Hangin out with Ben and Jen (PICS!!) 
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:07 am Reply with quote
domer_pyle
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 17 Sep 2009
Posts: 523
Just opened up Jenny last night to put a stack of quarters between the delrin top hat and the piston and re-dialed my scope afterward. Well who would have guessed that at the crack of dawn a squirrel would be crossing the power line that runs across my back yard? From the kitchen window to the wire is 27 paces, so that's pretty much just under 27 yards (I'm 6' and all legs). I was going to go for the shoulder but figured what the hell, the sink faucet is making for a pretty steady rest, why not a domer? Well my trigger is pretty light (I accidentally shot one into my kitchen floor 2 days ago) so it popped off a bit early but close enough right? Crosman FH, the only pellet she likes.


this is the entrance


exit right behind the ear

She was covered in piss when I picked her up so she must have gone out pretty quick.

Skip forward about a half hour, 45 minutes when I get back from a little drive around town after stopping at some parks to watch some of the local wildlife, and wouldn't ya know it? 4 more of the little thieves poking around my trees that look like 30' tall shrubs, taking all the bread I'd thrown out for the finches. I went for a gun, only this time Ben stepped up to the plate, and he was playing with Crosman Premier domes. I must have waited 10-15 minutes waiting to get a shot, playing hide and seek with them cause every time I'd poke the end of my barrel out they would run around and up the trees, whether they were alarmed by me or not I don't know, but that's how it kept playing out. After watching them go from the trees in my yard, to the one on the neighbors side of the fence and back and forth, I finally decided to just lay my arm on the counter and rest my gun on it so I would have an upwards angle at the trees to try and anticipate their moves. It sure paid off cause I got a shot, but it only grazed this first one. Just bad enough that it went up the tree and stayed there as his buddy started coming down from the top to see what the commotion was. While he waited for his comrade I took aim again and got him in the lungs, quickly loading another pellet.


entrance


exit

His buddy was watching him the whole time and was now down on the lower branches in clear view as he made his way to his friend. Put the first mildot under the crosshair right on his ear and squeezed smooth and easy, knocking him right off the branch.


entrance


exit

This guy did the dance so hard I thought he might jump about half the height of the wire fence and get stuck in it, but after no more than 10 seconds of quivering he lay still.

This is the part that amazes me. Not that this other squirrel showed up to see what was going on, but that this gun didn't seem to scare them off one bit and these were only ten yard shots. Granted I was inside, but the barrel was always at least flush with the window if it wasn't protruding. This last one was just slinking around the gnarled trunks of these tree shrub things like nothing was going on, just coming to see if his 2 buds had found some unusually comfortable grass to lye down in or something. Now my heart was just churning, making it hard to shoot no matter how hard I tried to control my breathing. Loaded up another dome, took aim, and.. missed! the shot had to have barely missed his face from the later examination of the bark, but he didn't flinch! Or run away! One more dome down the tube and took aim, drilling him right in the lungs.


entrance, no exit pic, the camera started acting up but you can see some blood on his shoulder in the pic below, top squirrel

Once the third one stopped moving, my heart slowed down, and my thoughts cleared, I realized that I had just demolished 3 squirrels in about 5 minutes! And 4 in an hour! Sorry no pics of the rifle, but here's the trophy shot with the ammo used.

My camera sucks. But it was only 99 bucks and it gets the job done

View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:52 am Reply with quote
fritz
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 25 Nov 2008
Posts: 2443
Location: New Jersey- outside of Philadelphia
Looks tasty.

_________________
"I never set out to be wierd, it was always everyone else who called me it" -Frank Zappa

Speed is impressive, accuracy is deadly.

It's not that I'm not a people person, it's just that I'm not a stupid people person.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
 
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 10:23 am Reply with quote
yourdaddyjoe
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Joined: 26 May 2008
Posts: 4027
Location: Tatorville, USA
Ya got enough pelts to make a new hat.... Laughing

Good job!

_________________

Say "NO" to BB Gun Wars... Quid Pro Quo Rule: An eye for an eye...
www.HPASports.com www.Facebook.com/hpasports
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 10:27 am Reply with quote
fritz
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 25 Nov 2008
Posts: 2443
Location: New Jersey- outside of Philadelphia
Then someone might have enough to make a jacket and pants... Twisted Evil

BTW, nice shooting. You should try for more head/neck shots, it really will make the difference. Especially if you are not using hollowpoints. I should add that CPH, however a hollowpoint, do not expand without lots of velocity. They simply act like a dome pellet.

_________________
"I never set out to be wierd, it was always everyone else who called me it" -Frank Zappa

Speed is impressive, accuracy is deadly.

It's not that I'm not a people person, it's just that I'm not a stupid people person.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
 
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 1:24 pm Reply with quote
domer_pyle
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 17 Sep 2009
Posts: 523
no i actually made myself a nice fuzzy pair of boxer shorts.

kidding

believe me, head shots are what i strive for, hence my screen name (domer is online halo slang for a head shot). i was unfamiliar with the hold over at such a close range so i had to wait til they were facing straight up or down to be sure i could connect with them.

no squirrel lived longer than ten seconds after being shot i'll tell you that much right now.

next pictures will probably be headers though
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 3:35 pm Reply with quote
yourdaddyjoe
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Joined: 26 May 2008
Posts: 4027
Location: Tatorville, USA
Even with head shots.... some times you still get the the Death Dance... Run Away

_________________

Say "NO" to BB Gun Wars... Quid Pro Quo Rule: An eye for an eye...
www.HPASports.com www.Facebook.com/hpasports
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 3:24 pm Reply with quote
domer_pyle
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 17 Sep 2009
Posts: 523
That's true. He probably danced more than the rest because he didn't get the wind knocked out of him with a lunger the ones that got it in the lungs curled up like they'd been hit in the chest with a hammer
View user's profile Send private message
Hangin out with Ben and Jen (PICS!!) 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Hunting, Pest Control, Varminting
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.