Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics » same gun diffrent name?
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
same gun diffrent name? 
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:37 pm Reply with quote
turf weazel
New Member
New Member
Joined: 18 May 2010
Posts: 2
Location: chardon, OH
I am new to air gunning but i will be getting my first gun soon...after i figure out what gun i want. I like the Walther Talon and have seen some places call it the Hatsan 125 are they the same gun or just missinformed people? I will be useing the gun for small game hunting, so if this is not a wise choice for a hunting gun please let me know.

Thank You

Andy
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:40 pm Reply with quote
fritz
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 25 Nov 2008
Posts: 2444
Location: New Jersey- outside of Philadelphia
Welcome to AGH.

What game are you looking to go after? At what distances do you normally pursue them with other "tools"? What distances are you looking to get out of an airgun? Can you use an airgun for this/these game animal(s) in your area?

Otherwise, from what I have heard the Talon is not that great of a gun. Neither would be the 125. Not sure if they are the same basic rifle, but do remember slightly someone mentioning so.

I would recommend a Diana 350 for that power range. If you're budget doesn't cut it ($500 for gun, scope, mounts, pellet tin, and shipping, rougly). The Crosman Super Streak should do the job, just not as gracefully. Cost about $300 for the setup.

_________________
"I never set out to be wierd, it was always everyone else who called me it" -Frank Zappa

Speed is impressive, accuracy is deadly.

It's not that I'm not a people person, it's just that I'm not a stupid people person.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
 
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 7:42 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
Look at them:

http://www.hatsan.com.tr/airguns_mod_125.asp

http://www.umarexusa.com/product/Walther-Talon-Magnum,21,46.htm


They are indeed the same gun. Don't know why the Walther name would get put on such an item- but it's not my marketing department.

#1) Ignore the "power" idea- the more power on a springer, the harder it is to handle, and if it legitimately shoots over the sound barrier (it likely doesn't- most of these numbers are exaggerated) it will be increasingly inaccurate as diabolo pellets are not designed for the back/forth concussion of going through/back down through the speed of sound and the turbulence upsets its trajectory.

You want "powerful enough" for whatever the task, and accurate. You're not likely to get such a combo in this rifle.

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:25 pm Reply with quote
kanyon
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 09 Aug 2008
Posts: 1582
Location: New Zealand
The fact is Hatsan are a lot better gun than some will have you beleave..
Prob over built in some ways....A Hatsan will be the last gun you could own that will fail..they just don't....
The 125 kicks like a mule...All the other models with normal power out put
are no worse than most other guns in the prise range....
All the new models have a fully adjustable trigger that Gamo/Crosman etc must be green with enavy over..

Fined a Hatsan owner to ask.....don't listen to hair-say repeters....

A Hatsan buyer usaly isn't in the market for a target gun....But they group small enough to drop small critter out to 40m with ease...

Pete

_________________
Career Infinity PCP .22
Webley Patriot .25
Hatsan mod 75 .22
Hatsan mod 99 .177 (Quattro & SAS)
Kral underlever .177


.............................................


.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
 
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 1:08 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5714
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
kanyon wrote:
The fact is Hatsan are a lot better gun than some will have you beleave..
Prob over built in some ways....A Hatsan will be the last gun you could own that will fail..they just don't....
The 125 kicks like a mule...All the other models with normal power out put
are no worse than most other guns in the prise range....
All the new models have a fully adjustable trigger that Gamo/Crosman etc must be green with enavy over..

Fined a Hatsan owner to ask.....don't listen to hair-say repeters....

A Hatsan buyer usaly isn't in the market for a target gun....But they group small enough to drop small critter out to 40m with ease...

Pete


I don't own one, but the ones I've shot, and the thing's I've read about these rifles, AND the fact that I've read of spring breaks more from Hatsans then any other rifle lead me to believe that they might not be everyones cup of tea. Perhaps with a good tuning...

Webley Patriot power comes with an expensive rifle, and not an affordable one in my opinion.

That being said, the finish on these rifles is pretty good and they also feel like they're build well.

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:34 am Reply with quote
turf weazel
New Member
New Member
Joined: 18 May 2010
Posts: 2
Location: chardon, OH
unfortunately the boss has only let me have $300 for a new gun. My range would be about 50 yards and under at tree rats. Is there a good gun for this?

thanks

andy
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 8:53 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
Diana/RWS Model 34, Umarex/Hammerli Airmagnum 850, Diana/RWS Model 350.

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 11:22 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5714
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
I'd go along with that. For the sake of fun I'd go with the 350 Magnum in .22.

Should be about 18 Fpe.

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 2:48 pm Reply with quote
fritz
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 25 Nov 2008
Posts: 2444
Location: New Jersey- outside of Philadelphia
Definitely the 350, then.

_________________
"I never set out to be wierd, it was always everyone else who called me it" -Frank Zappa

Speed is impressive, accuracy is deadly.

It's not that I'm not a people person, it's just that I'm not a stupid people person.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
 
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Jaxom
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 06 Aug 2008
Posts: 927
I'm pro crossman/benjiman 22xx family of ag's. The intial numbers aren't as high, but a quick searh of the forums you can find multitudes of ways to customize and make them hard hitting tree rat killers.

Along those same lines you can take a look at crosman's custom shop and "build" either a pistol or rifle to suite yourself. Word of caution if you do this and eventually want to modify one of these to pcp/hpa, read about doing those mod's FIRST before building your custom job.

_________________
.22 2300kt Crosman Custom
View user's profile Send private message
same gun diffrent name? 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.