Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles » pics of groups from my new disco carbine and an S.O.S for...
pics of groups from my new disco carbine and an S.O.S for... 
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 5:23 pm Reply with quote
80 grit
...the gurus that know alot more than me.

I am sitting here typing with an ice pack on my front bicep area. I just sent 60 pellets down range for accuracy...and man does she group. most 5 shot groups at 25 yards were around 1/4 to 3/8" .

I was messing around trying to figure out a way to make it easier to cock because this S.O.B. is hard as HELL TO COCK! Now I aint no girly man, I am much stronger than the average man and man did this thing bust me up!!!

You can imagine how hard it is to cock when you consider that I snapped not one, but two bolt probes in half, one was brass the other some kind of silver metal (not sure what?)

I tried a variety of combos...different springs, different hammer weights, different pre loads....Even when I put in a "girly" light hammer spring that only netted me 400 fps...it was still difficult to cock (not nearly as easy as it should have been with such a light hammer spring). I even removed the HDD just to see if that would matter, and as a result It did not get any easier, but I gained another 4 fpe when on max spring compression, and it did not Degas like it did the other day Shocked When I go all the way to minimum spring compression it makes no difference...still a b!tch to cock! I don't know what else to do. This will not do and I have to figure this out. I don't own a stock discovery...but what is really different about the mechanics of my build and a discovery??? I'd imagine the only difference is the spring and the hammer (if in fact they are any different). But again, I used a spring from a Crosman 2300 and it was still very difficult to cock...despite this being a very light spring. I checked and rechecked for clearance issues and nothing is "snagging" it up. Please help!!!

I ran some more numbers and here are the strings.

On a 2000 psi fill and the Muzzle Mack power adjuster set on Max compression with JSB 25.4 gr I achieved a max fpe of 36.5
EP 1100 psi

Then four turns out on the spring compression
sp 2000
ep 1100

Not a great string, but if I wasn't having this problem with the cocking effort I would be able to fine tune this, but until I figure it out, I won't be able to tune.

Here are some pictures of the groups it shot

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 5:32 pm Reply with quote
80 grit
sorry Mods if I put this in the wrong topic.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 5:49 pm Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Kicked this one to rifles. We've had worse! Razz

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles